Satellite signal is 73.. is that low?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

blake9827

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Hey i posted another topic about switching to my own sattelite versus the one that controls my entire apartment building and i just looked and noticed that my signal strength is 73.. shouldnt it be like high 80's or low 90's? I noticed that my picture quality was not as clear as it should be with a brand new LCD rear projection tv. My friend has a regular projection tv with his own dish and is much cleaer than mine. I bougt new high quality coax cable and component wires for everything and still fuzzy. helpppppppp lol

what service?
what receivers?
what satellite are you getting the 73 from?

need some more info so we can help :)

I have Directv service through SBC (its the only one i can use due to living is this apartment complex)
It is a Sony Receiver model: SAT-B55
there is a satellite on top of our building I can only see part of it but it looks bigger than the usual Directv dishes.
Hope this gives you better info
Thanks

I moved this to the DirecTV forum so more eyes can see it

I have Dish so I can't comment on the signal strength but most apartment complexes use bigger dishes due to the amount of receivers/cabling they are using and to help with rain fade :)

blake:

73 is bad for that receiver and dish type.
That having been said, 73 would not cause a "soft" picture quality -- just more digital artifacting (blockiness).

Have you calibrated your TV?

H

Hogarth said:
blake:

73 is bad for that receiver and dish type.
That having been said, 73 would not cause a "soft" picture quality -- just more digital artifacting (blockiness).

Have you calibrated your TV?

H

Not true. 73 will not cause softness OR blockiness all the time. It might cause more blackout/loss of signal and artifacts in storms, winds, etc, depending on location, but 73 is more than sufficient in perfect conditions, for sat strength.

The problem is nothing is perfect!
:music:

I thought i did i have done all the initial setup and everything but it still looks like a crisp clean picture. i was thinkin that maybe it is just the tv but when i put in a dvd it looks so much better.. i know that a dvd is higher quality but it is really noticeable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)