Satellite Signal

Let me add that there are other factors that can cause pixelation or blurry screens and that would include loose or damaged connectors that have suffered from signal or water ingress, damage to cable that has a kink in it or is broken or the jacket has been peeled away or damaged by animals. There are a lot of factors that can cause the problems you’re having and for some customer service rep sitting at a computer in the Philippines to tell you what your problem is, is absolutely ridiculous

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hopper 3 is connected to the TV HDMI to TV HDMI. Resolution is set to 1080p/4K. TV is a 50 inch Samsung UHD TV. I checked all cables to make sure their tight and secure. I even replaced the HDMI cable just in case with a brand new one. Definitely something with the Dish. This happened one time before 2013, and I believe the tech told me back then the Nodes had got wet and corroded and was causing the blurry picture so he had to replace them. Maybe it’s the same deal again?

Good morning, Matdawg86! Since you are still having issues with your signal, this is definitely something we would want to look into with you and possible set up a tech visit. You can reach out to our technical Support Chat teams by clicking this link: Direct Chat. -- Sam F

Reactions: charlesrshell
I find it hard to believe that a signal at 47 or 37 is not low or wouldn’t affect the quality of the picture. When it is this low the picture is so blurry and fuzzy. Dish claims both are good signals and only 20 is low and 37 or 47 range would not affect the quality of picture. Unbelievable if you ask me.

Believe it. It's a digital signal, it's either on or off.

Reception will be stable down to an apparent signal strength of 20 or so. Then, reception will be intermittent -pixilated - until it drops totally below the receiver's signal/noise ratio threshold and you lose all reception.

I find it hard to believe that a signal at 47 or 37 is not low or wouldn’t affect the quality of the picture. When it is this low the picture is so blurry and fuzzy. Dish claims both are good signals and only 20 is low and 37 or 47 range would not affect the quality of picture. Unbelievable if you ask me.
Keep in mind the signal levels shown are relative and not an actual unit of measure. Dish could easily change the scale to make what's currently a 50 reading for instance, a 100 reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)