Satellite Signalling at 2 Locations for each Satellite why?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So then to correct this I guess one of the things to try would be to reset the LNB's in the FeedHorn or their Focal Length positioning??

Check that, and also check the feed centering and the dish warpage.
I also discovered today that my Polorotor control wasn't working properly and found out that there was some water dripping out the bottom (after I shook it a bit) of the Blue cap cover on the bottom of my Corotor II Feedhorn. We have been getting some frost at night here lately so I'm wondering if it may be freezing up, which doesn't bode well for our upcoming 30 degrees below zero winters in Jan and Feb. Guess I may have to put the LNB cover on the Feedhorn and LNB's to keep the snow and rain out??
That sounds like there is a missing LNB gasket or servo gasket. There should be no water ingress if all the gaskets are in place.

That sounds like there is a missing LNB gasket or servo gasket. There should be no water ingress if all the gaskets are in place.

Thanks ACRadio, climbed a 8 foot ladder and got the whole Feedhorn down off the 12 Footer and into the House and there was a mark or impression near the rubber gasket when I took appart the Ku Band LNB, also one of the coax connectors seemed to be wet. (We have had a lot of rain up here in the last month). But believe it or not a couple of screws that attach the Ku Band LNB to the Corotor II Feedhorn were missing, couldn't believe how I could have missed that back in June - so I made sure all the screws are now there.

The main problem with the Polorotor control was the Servo motor, - the black slotted spinner or whatever its called was loose, and the Servo motor also wasn't working properly, so I took it off and replaced the Servo Motor with a spare one I had and bench tested it with my Uniden 9900 Receiver. Put everything together back on the Mesh Dish and I have gained about 10 - 12 points of Quality and the Polorotor Control is now working well. Oh yeah I re set the F/D Ratio to exactly 0.38 all around on the Corotor II as it seemed to be a bit more than 0.38 previously!

FeedHorn Cap:
To try to prevent any more water intrusion I tried to mount my 12 ft Dish's Feedhorn Cap but it was getting dark and it has 2 inside springs on a clip that attach to 2 of the poles, and I couldn't get them on, so I used a cap from a 7.5 Foot Unimesh Dish I had. The Unimesh cap had 4 small holes already predrilled in it and I attached it to the 4 poles on my Dish with some stiff wire. This cap doesn't completely cover the very bottom of the Corotor II, but I hope to keep the rain and snow off the 2 LNB's and the feedhorn - it didn't seem to deteriorate the reception any. It will get a good test today as heavy rain an 60 mph winds are scheduled for today.

Thanks ACRadio, climbed a 8 foot ladder and got the whole Feedhorn down off the 12 Footer and into the House and there was a mark or impression near the rubber gasket when I took appart the Ku Band LNB, also one of the coax connectors seemed to be wet. (We have had a lot of rain up here in the last month). But believe it or not a couple of screws that attach the Ku Band LNB to the Corotor II Feedhorn were missing, couldn't believe how I could have missed that back in June - so I made sure all the screws are now there.

The main problem with the Polorotor control was the Servo motor, - the black slotted spinner or whatever its called was loose, and the Servo motor also wasn't working properly, so I took it off and replaced the Servo Motor with a spare one I had and bench tested it with my Uniden 9900 Receiver. Put everything together back on the Mesh Dish and I have gained about 10 - 12 points of Quality and the Polorotor Control is now working well. Oh yeah I re set the F/D Ratio to exactly 0.38 all around on the Corotor II as it seemed to be a bit more than 0.38 previously!

FeedHorn Cap:
To try to prevent any more water intrusion I tried to mount my 12 ft Dish's Feedhorn Cap but it was getting dark and it has 2 inside springs on a clip that attach to 2 of the poles, and I couldn't get them on, so I used a cap from a 7.5 Foot Unimesh Dish I had. The Unimesh cap had 4 small holes already predrilled in it and I attached it to the 4 poles on my Dish with some stiff wire. This cap doesn't completely cover the very bottom of the Corotor II, but I hope to keep the rain and snow off the 2 LNB's and the feedhorn - it didn't seem to deteriorate the reception any. It will get a good test today as heavy rain an 60 mph winds are scheduled for today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)