Satellite television dishes cover the home

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DK_Sat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
MD
YEONGJU, South Korea — Lee Si-kap, a shy farmer living in this central South Korean town, holds a record: He owns more satellite dishes than any other South Korean — 85 of them, receiving 1,500 satellite television channels from more than 100 countries, some as far away as South Africa and Canada.

www.nytimes.com/2009/06/30/world/asia/30satellite.htm

“It gets addictive. The more dishes you have, the more channels you can get."

Well spoken.

If anyone here is having troubles convincing their HOA about their plan, just show them the photo of this guy's farm, and tell them this is what you have in mind; your little dish project proposal ought to sail through committee without a hitch. :D

Last edited:
Fan to read article as well: the guy shows world feeds to 97-year old grandma. Strange thing is, while protecting foreign wifes "close to home" rights to the extreme, he ain't manage to get his own, despite competition must be high for that level of care. :confused:

Last edited:
deja vu:

The date line on that story is yesterday, but I've seen the picture here on SatGuys before.
Does that suggest "hoax" to anyone?
Just askin'. :)

Yes this is where most of the satellite hacking equipment comes from S. Korea. I bet he is doing more than just watching channels. With all the open real estate all he needs is a few motorized dishes. All that equipment suggest he is logging/monitoring streams, etc.

The date line on that story is yesterday, but I've seen the picture here on SatGuys before.

Yes.. I've seen that picture before too. Also, did you notice that the spraypainted "Don't Touch" words are in English? It makes you wonder...

Yes.. I've seen that picture before too. Also, did you notice that the spraypainted "Don't Touch" words are in English? It makes you wonder...

Well the New York Times isn't exactly known for credible journalism anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)