satellite transmitting power

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

xrf1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Is there any website list satellites (or transponders) transmitting power ?

I wonder what is transmitting power of G3C (95), and of IA5 (97) ?

Can we assume that all transponders (in same Ku band or in same C band) in 1 satellite have the same transmitting power ?

IA5 use to be called Telstar 5. So doing a Yahoo search on it reveals that Telstar 5 output is 100 Watts.

http://www.adec.edu/satdb/tel5ku.html

G3C is 63 Watts
http://www.dailywireless.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2341&src=rss10

This last link has a list of Sats and there outputs

Thanks for asking the question. I now know where to point my 18" dish to when I put a standard Ku LNB on it.

xrf1 said:
Is there any website list satellites (or transponders) transmitting power ?

I wonder what is transmitting power of G3C (95), and of IA5 (97) ?

Can we assume that all transponders (in same Ku band or in same C band) in 1 satellite have the same transmitting power ?
:) :)

xrf1 said:

All the transponders on a sat should have the same maximum power output, but that doesn't mean that they are using maximum power on any one transponder.

Thanks guys !

I'm surprised to know that IA5 is almost as powerful as a DBS.

The link budget for each service (SCPC) or bouquet of channels (MCPC) determines the power of the individual transponder on the downlink. The Eirp for individual tranponders varies greatly dependent on the bandwidth and power of the uplink.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)