Satellite TV piracy and account stacking

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Just an observation, but It seems to me that satellite piracy is dead.

It seems like ever since the jail broken fire sticks became popular, nobody is even bothering to pirate satellite anymore.

I don’t even see either provider caring about account stacking either. Dish used to aggressively enforce this back in the day with the audit department, but has closed that department down.

I think Dish Network and Directv are happy at this point just to have a paying subscriber, that never requests a free service call or participates in a free upgrade and instead buys all their equipment out right.

Not trying to start a thread about how to pirate Dish and Directv, but just an observation that piracy that seemed like such as issue 10 years ago has gotten out of style and gone online.

Reactions: AZ. and Tvland1
I believe its not much of a problem anymore because with Dish since they only sell Hopper and Joey and wally..that cannot be used with hopper unless added for rv there's not any way to use receivers in other locations like the older receivers.I'm sure there's still some with older equipment but they are disappearing..Dish is busy with busting the illegal IPTV sites lately..

It's not just Firesticks that can be used for pirated programming. Any device that Kodi can be installed on can be used, including laptop and desktop PC's, smart TV's, smart phones, etc. Kodi has versions for almost every OS including Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Xbox, PS4 and Roku. Kodi of course, is just a streaming tool that has many legitimate uses, but can also be used with many dark side add-ons.

Reactions: AZ.
Its not just Kodi anymore..most of the illegal stuff got busted (on kodi).. I think they really screwed up when they started publishing " kodi magazine" got a little too much in your face..but having said that...the more stuff that goes online,,the more it will get pirated

When ever I see the 300 channels for 19.00 or whatever all PPV I just shake my head that’s its being advertised On social media sites and reading the comments like some people actually think it’s a alternative to cable/satellite services

That’s because they’re Going people using pirated IPTV services using the fire sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Bro N law talks about something like that all the time. I think its called Set TV. He's always trying to talk me into it. I just want to turn on my T.V. and know that it's going to work. Not have to download and update stuff to keep ahead of the law.
Dish bust Set tv over about a year ago

Just an observation, but It seems to me that satellite piracy is dead.

It seems like ever since the jail broken fire sticks became popular, nobody is even bothering to pirate satellite anymore.

I don’t even see either provider caring about account stacking either. Dish used to aggressively enforce this back in the day with the audit department, but has closed that department down.

I think Dish Network and Directv are happy at this point just to have a paying subscriber, that never requests a free service call or participates in a free upgrade and instead buys all their equipment out right.

Not trying to start a thread about how to pirate Dish and Directv, but just an observation that piracy that seemed like such as issue 10 years ago has gotten out of style and gone online.
It's not dead, they using capture on the video output on the receivers, Feds bust Gears Reloaded, last month
[automerge]1576622205[/automerge]

[automerge]1576622205[/automerge]

[automerge]1576622207[/automerge]

[automerge]1576622212[/automerge]

[automerge]1576622213[/automerge]

[automerge]1576622213[/automerge]

A long while back I requested three new remotes for replacements for all three of my boxes. Rather than shipping it they sent a tech to deliver them. I asked why and he told me that he had to verify that all my receivers where all in my home. Seamed odd but he gave me the remotes and peaked the dish at no charge which was nice. Now Directv just ships them to me but when I ask for three they send me six. I guess when a receiver dies or an upgrade is needed account stackers get creative so is not to get shutdown. Does Directv require a truck roll for a receiver replacement these days or can they just ship it?. I am also under the impression that Directv is secure, Dish still has some issues but not like the fiasco they had years ago.

The new account stacking is sharing streaming passwords. Most people are more than happy with the content they can get from streaming than dealing with the hassles of stacking or pirating satellite TV.

I Remember the Dish audit team well. Absolutely treated me like a criminal. Main reason I switched to Direct. Direct may have been just as bad but I never experienced it. I came home in the evening and called and I got all the dire warnings such as do not put the phone down or else do not talk to anyone or else. Not a good way to treat a paying customer

I Remember the Dish audit team well. Absolutely treated me like a criminal. Main reason I switched to Direct. Direct may have been just as bad but I never experienced it. I came home in the evening and called and I got all the dire warnings such as do not put the phone down or else do not talk to anyone or else. Not a good way to treat a paying customer

I have no doubt the audit team ran off more honest customers than stackers.

I would have to think Directv has always been more interested in commercial piracy (i.e. using home accounts in businesses) since that's a lot bigger dollar value they lose per instance - and should be easier to catch since it has to take place in public view rather than being hidden behind closed doors.

I have no doubt the audit team ran off more honest customers than stackers.

Oh they ran me off.

I was paying for (2) accounts with America’s everything pack.

One account had 6 receivers the other one had just a 722.

Only thing I did wrong was had the physical and billing address at a mailbox, rather then my girlfriends apartment.

I did all the audit crap and they shut down my second account saying I was not allowed to have 2 accounts.

At that point I said F Dish, put a dealer showroom account at my girls place and went from paying $150/mo to $0

Yeah really smart Dish

Reactions: fireball517

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)