Satellite TV

maldonna

Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
I`m new here and maybe asking naive questions but please just tell me where to go (so to speak) to get answers to my questions.
Currently I`m using TW Cable as my TV service. I have a big screen DLP HDTV and a cable supplied DVR box. I am having continual problems with a breakup of the HD signal. After numerous service calls I think they are just unable to supply a decent (continual) signal. So, I`m wondering if I could do better with satellite TV. I`ve heard of bad experiences from friends who have tried satellite and have either been unable to get a signal (because of blockage by neighbors trees) or have had satellite and changed to cable because of weather interruptions of service. However these instances were some time ago and I suppose there have been improvements in technology since then. Also I doubt that I could have much worse service than I have right now with cable.
I see from Googling that there are several dish services available. I would like to ask what service the experts here would recommend from a quality standpoint. Price is always a factor but best signal quality would be the main consideration.

Don't overlook getting your local digital stations over the air (OTA) for free. You will get a much better picture than either satellite or cable. All you need is an ATSC tuner. If your TV is relatively new then you probably have one built in to the TV and all you need is an antenna.

Your cable problem sounds like a definite cabling defect somewhere probably within a mile or two of your house. I would start by escalating the service call with your cable company to a higher level supervisor. Document all of your problems, calls, and service visits from their techs.

Again, don't over look using an antenna to get your local HD and digital signals for free. Not only is the picture quality great but I find it very satisfying to get them for free:D

I'm very happy wth Dish Networks satellite HD service. To get better answers from members of this forum, you need to be specific as to your location for information about your local station HD service availability.

Pat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts