Satellite Viewers Act fails

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Man, if I lose my grandfathered east coast feeds because of this I sure would not want to be a Senator. Ever seen a really po'd redheaded gal go all wupa$$?

Wife is a kind, gentle retired special ED teacher - but she was sure spitting fire when I let her know about this (and why).

will people that "moved" to NY or LA markets be affected by this? Will dtv be forced to remove NY and LA networks from CONUS?

They would not be forced to move them off of CONUS.

but they could. Dish did that with LA. They put them on spotbeam. NY Big 4 is CONUS as they still have folks in Puerto Rico & USVI that are grandfathered on them.

well she has a good point when it comes to DMA's

here is Wyoming and their DMA's...most are out of state
wyoming.gif

She has a great point just shows how the people in DC have that"Lets hurry up and get nothing Done" mentallity. One of my customers (while I was in the DC area) was a woman very high up in major airlines, her husband was a Senator, I was always wondering if she was joking when she said she wished"He'd get a real job"

I think that's probably a bigger discussion altogether (reforming DMAs) and has little to do with this legislation.

Also, some suggesting that you shouldn't be able to attach stuff to bills... I don't think you realize how little would get done if every single thing they did was discussed and voted on 1 by 1.

I think I speak for most people in Kentucky we are ready for Bunning to leave.

She does have good points (and she is from Cheyenne, WI which is the home of the main DISH Network uplink center. How Wild is that?)

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/449437-Satellite_Bill_Returns_As_Part_Of_Jobs_Package.php

SatelliteBill Returns As Part Of Jobs Package - 2010-03-02 01:27:47 | Broadcasting & Cable

Satellite Bill Returns As Part Of Jobs Package

Sens. Reid and Baucus introduce bill to extend satellite license

By John Eggerton -- Broadcasting & Cable, 3/1/2010 8:27:47 PM

The Senate Judiciary Committee version of the satellite reauthorization bill, which is the one with generally bipartisan support Senate Republicans said last week, has resurfaced as part of a just-introduced jobs bill, according to a Judiciary committee staffer.

Sens. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and Max Baucus (D-Mont.) introduced the bill Monday afternoon on the floor after a bill that would have simply extended the satellite license, as well as health and unemployment insurance payments for another few weeks (until March 28 for the satellite bill) continued to be blocked by a single Senator (Jim Bunning [R-Ky.]) according to multiple sources, over issues unrelated to satellite.

Meanwhile although the license that allows satellite operators to deliver distant affiliate TV station signals expired Feb. 28, those signals are still being delivered. That is because the leadership of the Judiciary committees promised DirecTV, National Programming Service (which deliver the signals) and the relevant stakeholders (broadcasters, sports leagues and others who receive payments) that when a bill does pass it will retroactively make the interim delivery legal.

They want all local DMA's launched and see that it is going to happen in the near future so there is no point in having Distant Networks anymore and that this may help accelerate all DMA's getting launched to satellite.

They want all local DMA's launched and see that it is going to happen in the near future so there is no point in having Distant Networks anymore and that this may help accelerate all DMA's getting launched to satellite.

Fox 11 on Directv is horrible with their audio problems. I am glad I still have the DNS right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)