SatelliteAV geosatpro 1.2 shipping price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I contacted satelliteav to see what they charge to ship a geosatpro 1.2 meter dish to arkansas.The price almost gave me a heart attack.They quoted me a price of 500.00.This is absurd.I know that shipping is high but this is a little extreme.I paid 63.00 to have a fortec 120 cm shipped to me 2 weeks ago.The difference in the shipping prices is unbelievable.

At $63 they somehow stuck it under the radar.

The normal box it comes in is over sized and gets charged truck freight rates. This rate is often higher than the cost of the dish.

This is another reason why SatelliteAV generally tries to steer you to a local dealer.

That does seem high? I am in the Dallas Fort Worth area and there is a person that orders the 1.2's from them(20 or so at a time). He sold me mine for 150.00. Spend a day and drive down here to pick one up????

wildboys said:
I contacted satelliteav to see what they charge to ship a geosatpro 1.2 meter dish to arkansas.The price almost gave me a heart attack.They quoted me a price of 500.00.This is absurd.I know that shipping is high but this is a little extreme.I paid 63.00 to have a fortec 120 cm shipped to me 2 weeks ago.The difference in the shipping prices is unbelievable.

$500 is insane! I've dealt with freight companies for many years and I promise you can ship items larger and much heavier, from anywhere to anywhere in the continental U.S. for less than 500. Bottom line...someone's making money on the freight charges. :(

wildboys said:
I paid 63.00 to have a fortec 120 cm shipped to me 2 weeks ago.

Did we ship that to you at that price? What is your order #?:) We need to charge you the real cost :D (just kidding). If we did, we lost money on that :eek: .

You should keep in mind the 120cm dish comes in a big oversized box. We usually ship it with a freight company and it costs around $135-180 to ship. Plus you have to add the Box and packaging (handling) fees.

I've had a couch freight shipped for $200 from 5 states away. $500 is just crazy for a 55 pound box even if it is oversized.

I know I only paid $110 to have a 1.2M Patriot shipped via Roadway, which is a pretty heavy dish compared to many others.

I've also shipped several automotive transmissions via Fedex freight, they are usally about 200 pounds in the crate, and still never cost over $200 to ship.

I dont think that quote is correct, they are giving away a dish a motor, lnb etc plus shipping and are valuing it around $450 complete.

Someone got something wrong somewhere.

When I got my 1.2 meter dish from Sadoun for some reason it was listed at being 280 LBS on the waybill. The guy loaded it on his pallet jack and took it to the rear of the truck and freaked out when I picked it up and carried it up to my house. It didnt even weigh 50 lbs. :)

That wold be funny to see! Did you eat your Wheaties that day?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I dont think that quote is correct, they are giving away a dish a motor, lnb etc plus shipping and are valuing it around $450 complete.

Someone got something wrong somewhere.

When I got my 1.2 meter dish from Sadoun for some reason it was listed at being 280 LBS on the waybill. The guy loaded it on his pallet jack and took it to the rear of the truck and freaked out when I picked it up and carried it up to my house. It didnt even weigh 50 lbs. :)

Definately some bad information!

FYI .... Worst case scenerio to a residence in Little Rock Arkansas is $175. If you choose to have the unit shipped to a business .... even less!

The shipping carton is not an extra charge, it is built into the $129 price. No additional packing or handling charges. The box can also contain a 2nd dish, receiver, motor, LNBF and install kit.

Right! I hade my couch shipped to my firends business which shaved $75 off door delivery. Something is wrong with that quote.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Damn now that would have been a great picture. I can imagine the drivers face.

SatelliteAV said:
Definately some bad information!

FYI .... Worst case scenerio to a residence in Little Rock Arkansas is $175. If you choose to have the unit shipped to a business .... even less!

The shipping carton is not an extra charge, it is built into the $129 price. No additional packing or handling charges. The box can also contain a 2nd dish, receiver, motor, LNBF and install kit.
Hi brian that is what the sales guy told me when i called and asked for shipping to arkansas.I asked him if he was sure and he said yes so i went to one of your dealers website and bought the dish and he arranged the shipping for me.I have bought several items from you guys.I guess it was just an honest mistake.

I had a 120cm dish shipped to VA in october (plus antenna) total shipping cost $ 103.86.This is from Sadoun.
Reinhold.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Scott, Freight companies go by dimensional weight and not actual weight on oversized items. Dim weight for our 1.2m dish is around 190lbs. Actual weight with floor mount and shipping box, etc is around 65lbs

I know that for whatever reason their paperwork said it was 280 pounds. Remember I even called you asking me what you sent me that was so heavy. :D

Its a great dish. :) I want to paint the SatelliteGuys logo on it (but if I do then my wife wants to kill me) :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts