SatelliteGuys / Dish Network Meet And Greet Report

Scott, The 922 seems like a decent piece of equipment, but it is kind of disappointing that it does not have an HD output for tv2. Was there any mention in your meeting about how nice the multi room viewing is that directv has? That would be a great addition to Dish.
Yes there was. ;)

Methinks and hopes that Absoluted HD customers will somehow fall into this as well. I'd love to get a couple of the 'missing' HD channels that have turned up lately. I'll continue to be patient though, as any remaining Absolute HD sub has been. There's been so much talk about Absolute HD subs wouldn't be getting any more HD, but we have been getting all the same channels as Turbo Gold + Platinum - Encore for quite some time. It would be a slap in the face if things changed and we didn't get the additional channels that the lowest HD only package received in the future. When we signed up we signed up at the going rate for all HD. Too bad that changed.

Thanks for the lines to read between.

programming subject to change without notice. i think i even recall a charlie chat where charlie said (well, he does say a lot of things) that there were no plans to add to the absolute package. i got a feeling absolute will be shelved just like the 942/721/7100/6000 etc. keep an eye for the post card in the mail box letting ya know.

programming subject to change without notice. i think i even recall a charlie chat where charlie said (well, he does say a lot of things) that there were no plans to add to the absolute package. i got a feeling absolute will be shelved just like the 942/721/7100/6000 etc. keep an eye for the post card in the mail box letting ya know.

Your list of shelved equipment is missing the world's first HD capable DVR, the 921. I thought I would point that out since I owned it and all shelved receivers except the 7100 and for that reason I do not want to forget that one because I think it counts. Overall I am satisfied with Dish Network all things considered, but I do not want HD Absolute removed for any reason. If you already have it you should be able to keep it. HD only I do not believe you can get that anywhere else. I do not want to subscribe to standard defenition programming. I do subscribe to Superstations and some international programming as well as some of my locals are standard def and I can take that. I want everything else like HD Absolute without standard def. I like the exclusivity of it. I think the meet and greet with questions and answers should have video recorded and made available for viewing here just like the CES stuff because I am sure it would be very interesting and I am sure most people are unable to attend. This would answer all questions.

TURBO HD CUSTOMERS... DISH HEARS YOU AND IS WORKING ON A SOLUTION TO THE NEW HD ISSUE. PLEASE BE PATIENT THEY ARE WORKING ON A FEW THINGS TO MAKE YOU HAPPY. :)
Word in the street now is the solution is that Dish will be dropping the TurboHD packages in August -- what a way to make customers happy Charlie! :mad: Maybe they should just rename the TurboHD package to bait-and-switchHD since it seems pretty clear that was the sole purposes of these temporary packages. :rant:

They may discontinue offering the Turbo packages, but it would be difficult to just drop the package, because many subs would flee to other sources rather than be forced to higher priced/fewer channel packages.

In the past dish has discontinued the offering but grandfathered the package.

Even if existing customers are allowed to keep the TurboHD packages, that doesn't change the fact that Dish Network was telling people that new HD channels coming in 2009 (that weren't premium channels) would be added to TurboHD packages. It also doesn't change the fact that during a Charlie Chat it was explained that the disproportionally large price hike to the TurboHD was to support all the new HD channels coming to those packages (which further supported what their CSRs were telling potential new customers). Dish Network has done a fine job of implementing a bait-and-switch scheme!

Even if existing customers are allowed to keep the TurboHD packages, that doesn't change the fact that Dish Network was telling people that new HD channels coming in 2009 (that weren't premium channels) would be added to TurboHD packages. It also doesn't change the fact that during a Charlie Chat it was explained that the disproportionally large price hike to the TurboHD was to support all the new HD channels coming to those packages (which further supported what their CSRs were telling potential new customers). Dish Network has done a fine job of implementing a bait-and-switch scheme!
Did charlie kiss you first. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)