Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Nope it's no April fools joke, SatelliteGuys Radio will be going off the air as of April 2, 2015.

We would have loved to keep on doing it but the costs to keep it going (such as Licensing) have made it impossible to continue.

We thank GotCBand.COM and TitaniumSatellite.COM for their support of SatelliteGuys radio over the past year! Both companies wanted us to continue, but I didn't feel it was right to make them pay our higher costs.

I also thank all the SatelliteGuys Radio DJ's who kept you entertained over the last year! OrlandoSGM was our anchor and never failed to entertain daily! eurosport gave us the best Alternative music every monday, K9SAT kept use dancing every Saturday Night, Titanium KE4EST & wallyhts kept us informed and gave use direct contact with some amazing guests on Wednesday Nights on Satellite Nation!

Our final day of Broadcasting will be Wednesday April 1st. And here is our schedule for that final day. (All times are Eastern Time)

9 AM - The Orlando Show
1PM - The Scott Show
5PM - Special Orlando Farewell Show
7PM - The Final Alternative with EuroSport
9PM - Last Dance with K9SAT
11PM - Last Farewell with Scott

For fans of Satellite Nation we are happy to announce the show will continue on and will be a bigger part of SatelliteGuys going forward. Satellite Nation is expected to kick off its next season some time in May.

Thank you to everyone who listened and made SatelliteGuys Radio a bigger success then we ever envisioned! To all that made requests THANK YOU as well. Out of all the internet radio stations online we were one of the few that actually played requests around the clock!

Also a big THANK YOU to Dave (wallyhts) from GotCBand.COM for throwing SatelliteGuys radio up on the Galaxy 19 satellite for the past few months. Kind of cool that SatelliteGuys Radio was really on Satellite!

Hope you will join us for what should be a fun and emotional day as we say goodbye to SatelliteGuys Radio.

Will be truly a very, very sad day. :(

It's been a fun run.....hopefully we will be able to resurface in the future! Thanks for the opportunity Scott....

Not much on goodbyes. Let's just say we'll see ya'll later and "HOPE" for a quick return.

In the mean time the station and everyone will be missed.

Sad time. But I fully understand why. Be sure to tune in all day & into the night on Wednesday. The last shows will be really good ones.

Just working on picking my songs for my final show tomorrow night at Midnight to close it all down, and actually getting a little emotional in doing it.

If I had the money to keep it going I would, as its been a labor of love and I have loved playing DJ for all of you, and I know the other DJ's did as well. I figured it out and to keep it going it would be around $500 a month to go on, thats including stream hosting, licensing (at current listener levels), buying more music, and having proper imaging services to make new spots bumpers etc as needed.

The great folks from Titanium Satellite and GotCBand.COM helped support the station and keep it going but there is no way they could afford (or that I would ask) for them to pay that much for us to play DJ's. Please keep supporting these guys and thank them for their help.

I am going to miss working with Orlando the most, this guy was a maniac who loved this. He was always busy adding more songs to our library and he loved the music he played. He loved DJing and did it 7 days a week. I only recall him missing one show and he only missed it because if I remember correctly he was on an airplane or something that got delayed. He actually enjoyed "waking up" with you guys. I do hope I can work with him again in the future, as we never know what the future holds.

I am saddened we never launched our Hair Band show, a few people said they wanted to do it but no one ever did. I even paid to have a few bumpers and drops made for the Hair Band show... who knows since they never aired maybe I will play them tomorrow night as part of my farewell show.

To everyone involved THANK YOU. And to everyone who listened THANK YOU!

I hope you will join us tomorrow for one final dance, on SatelliteGuys Radio! :D

Reactions: KE4EST
I am saddened we never launched our Hair Band show, a few people said they wanted to do it but no one ever did. I even paid to have a few bumpers and drops made for the Hair Band show... who knows since they never aired maybe I will play them tomorrow night as part of my farewell show.

For the short while I did it I had a blast so for that alone I thank you mate. Unfortunately, then "life happened" as "Little Kraven" needed more and more of my time and energy.

Nonetheless, sad to see the radio go.

Cheers, K

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
I hear you there on the life thing. :) Thats also a big factor in making this move. There are enough hours in a 24 hour day anymore. :D

And it wasnt you there were others who wanted to do it as well. :D Oh well!

It's been a great run Scott. It was 33 years since I last was a DJ (at WGLS 89.7 in Glassboro NJ in 1981 - and it seemed like I was playing much of the same music! :)) and had been looking for a way to get back into the "business" Since that was a college radio station, I didn't get paid there either, but just love the part of entertaining others, taking requests and imparting a bit of trivia every now and then (my favorite: the girl that says "Shut Your Mouth" in the Theme from Shaft is actually Telma Hopkins, who would go on to be part of Tony Orlando & Dawn and to star on several TV shows! - I know that thanks to Casey Kasem!)

I will miss not being able to do this on a daily basis (yes, 7 days a week was a bunch of work) but will also enjoy a little time off and not having to hear my wife and son yell at me to keep it down while I was doing my shows.

It was also a ton of fun to do "Today in music history" on the SatelliteGuys Radio Facebook page. I really do think people looked forward to what we posted on that page...from history to trivia & videos to relevant music news.

I'm hoping to resume this FUN in the near future and will keep everyone updated.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski