Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Below are what are believed to be the first known actual screen shots from the upcoming DirecTV R10 DVR the software will also be sent out to series two receivers some time in the future as well.

We thank our annonymous beta tester who sent us these screen shots, we hope to have more in the future.

Attachments

• nowplaying.jpg
    nowplaying.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,739
  • sysinfo.jpg
    sysinfo.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,580
  • ver#.jpg
    ver#.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,048
Does anyone know if this new software will also enable the USB ports?

Is he embarrassed of the shows he watches or something, lol :)

If the person is beta testing they could fear that the shows could be used to track back to them. I dont know if in betas maybe Tivo collects data for specific units instead of anyomous data and it could in theory be used to track them. I am hoping for HMO with the next release but from everything that I have heard it looks like a no go

As far as I have heard DirecTV wants some changes made to HMO and Tivo does not want to make those changes.

I don't know but if I were TV and could be put out of existance by DirecTV, I would be doing whatever DirecTV asked me to. :D

What TV would you be Scott? :D

I think it would be in Directv's best interest to enable HMO and the USB ports. This would give them the upper hand against E*, who hasn't done anything as far as even annoucning an HMO type deal, and V* who has announced that their DVRs will be networkable.

I am glad someone finally posted these. Some fellas at deal database had said 6.1 would be the route they went. I am keeping virgin images of 3.1.1c and 4.01b just in case they decide to take something away.

I am already running 4.01 with HMO so I am okay but I am not touching my HR10-250 ... so it would be nice of D* to come though.

Does anyone know if the R10 does support the HMO? I have "considered" buying a Direct tivo - but haven't so far.

> Does anyone know if the R10 does support the HMO?

No. Although some have successfully loaded 4.0 onto DirecTiVo 2.0, this is a different platform (2.5) and no one has yet to find a way to do it.

Hong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)