This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

SatelliteGuys is Proud to Present a Look back at a old Friend - HD33 By Optoma Review

I bought an Optoma HD33 early this year and feel it is an excellent projector, especially considering the price.

I wish the glasses had been included, but when I bought it the retailer included one and I bought a second pair.

I would say this on the glasses - they are fragile. I haven't broken them, but they feel very delicate, especially around the hinges. The glasses are a bit heavy due to the battery/electronics, and need to be handled with care. I am very cautious to let my kids use the 3D because of this, which was one of the reasons I bought the projector.

The RF feature is very nice, it syncs automatically and never loses sync. I charge the glasses off the USB port on my Directv receiver, they included a USB cable but did not include a charger that connects to the power port.

I agree with Stuart, for the money it is an excellent 1080p projector, and the 3D is just a bonus at that price.

Jason you are correct, that is one area I wish they would match sony in and have glasses designed for kids...I just got two pairs of Sonys in that are meant for kids and they seem very sturdy and I love the weight to them.

Scott Greczkowski said:
So its almost like buying a 1080p projector and getting the 3D for free.

Not bad!

Scott not only that but crosstalk free 3d that even in my room was plenty bright.

No lens shift, no sale.

That is a negative for a lot of people, but one I have never run into in my personal setup, that's why I didn't write about it (no use writing about something you have never used)..Thanks bruin for pointing that out!

Excellent review! Thank you! I am going to stick it.