SatelliteGuys Makes The Court Case

I suggested this a while back as an alternative to losing the distant nets. Just "move" to a service address in New York,L.A., Chicago ,Denver and you will keep your distants since they are on conus beam .

As both sides have been reading these threads and this has been discussed so openly, I have confidence that the Plantiffs will at some time fill a motion something to the extent that all Dish DNS customers that moved to the Atlanta, NY, Chicago, Denver or LA DMA after 10/01/2006 that did a selfinstall must have a Dish Install go to the Service Address and their install verified by a Dish Subcontractor.

At the very least, they could supoena the records of those subs that fall under that category - and if they find a number - it would suggest that be ordered.

As both sides have been reading these threads and this has been discussed so openly, I have confidence that the Plantiffs will at some time fill a motion something to the extent that all Dish DNS customers that moved to the Atlanta, NY, Chicago, Denver or LA DMA after 10/01/2006 that did a selfinstall must have a Dish Install go to the Service Address and their install verified by a Dish Subcontractor.

At the very least, they could supoena the records of those subs that fall under that category - and if they find a number - it would suggest that be ordered.
Directv would get nailed for the same thing. Neither provider wants to go after movers.

Okay then they can move to the nearest dma that has all the networks in it. Then they would at least have all their networks . Are they going to legally request the records for all those moves to? They are going to be very busy if so. I am sure the amount of moves went up this last week. Especially if they are members of these sat web boards.

ThomasRz wrote:

*Perhaps you meant "not everything is admissible" as opposed to "nothing is admissible"?

Yep. I messed up the entire sentence.

...Just called NPS again told them I heard that they sell DNS and that I was a SKY Angel sub and wanted to sub to DNS. The rep asked me if I also subbed to E*...
cj9788 said:
...I then told the rep that I live in a true white area and asked if they could check my address...
cj9788 said:
...I then told him that I receive locals from E* and he told me that if I receive locals from E* then I WILL not be getting DNS from NPS because it would violate the law and that is what got E* in trouble to begin with...
So, you're just fishing here. Are any of these scenarios true for you? If you're in a "white area" then Dish can't deliver LiL. In call one, you don't say you're a Dish subscriber, but subscribe to Sky Angel.

Now, I'll say that AllAmerican is asking for trouble if they are not providing this service to all DBS customers with a dish pointed at 119°W and who are eligible to receive the networks per their current use of Section 119. It should not matter whether you have Dish or DirecTV or Sky Angel, a C-band or Ku-band dish; their product is Distant Networks from Atlanta and San Francisco.

their product is Distant Networks from Atlanta and San Francisco
Provided you currently own the correct type of receiving equipment to receive service from the 119W location.:D

I wonder if DirecTV would be willing to lease a Transponder at 119W to NPS to broadcast DNS to NPS customers who have equipment compatible to that used by Dish Network customers. :eureka If the plaintiffs are truely sorry.

So, you're just fishing here. Are any of these scenarios true for you? If you're in a "white area" then Dish can't deliver LiL. In call one, you don't say you're a Dish subscriber, but subscribe to Sky Angel.

Now, I'll say that AllAmerican is asking for trouble if they are not providing this service to all DBS customers with a dish pointed at 119°W and who are eligible to receive the networks per their current use of Section 119. It should not matter whether you have Dish or DirecTV or Sky Angel, a C-band or Ku-band dish; their product is Distant Networks from Atlanta and San Francisco.

Yes the call two senario is my situation. I asked them (in call one) for DNS as a sky angel sub to see what they would say. I also called a couple days before with my dads number. He is a D* sub. Both tim,es to test the water and see if as a non E* sub they would sell to me per the agreement in place which states that you do not have to sub to E* to get DNS from AAD

As to your white area comment.

Since a true white area is an area that can not receive a grade B OTA signal then yes I am in a true white area. The 2004 SHVERA changed the definiton of an unserved house hold to include LiL from any satellite provider yes I am served by E*, but I still live in the white area. NPS as a wholly independent DBS company that does not offer LiL can legaly sell me DNS.

Well I again called NPS today and they are doing things a little diffrent.

The rep answered "May have have the phone number from your Dish Network account" (Yes he specificly asked it this way). I gave him my phone number then he asked for my name. This was DIFFRENT. I gave hime my name and he said Mr. 9788 unfortunatly your are not in our system and we need to call you back so that we can get your address and see if you qualify for DNS from our company. I offered to give it to him now and he told me that there was too much call volume and he could not take now but some one would call me back in the next 7-10 days. I thanked him and the call ended.

Also I watched the Charlie chat again today and I noticed some thing I had not caught before. WHen Charlie was answering an E-mail from a sub in Macon he told the sub that No provider could offer him DIstants because he recvd LiL. He said something else that floored me. He told the sub that if he could not not get his locals via an OTA then he could possibly recv DNS from another provider that is not offering LiL to his DMA he then said he could POSSIBLY recv DNS from ADD but they would need to qualify him. Now this was in direct contridiction to the pie chart segment at the begining of the chat where Charlie told us if we were in section A we could not get DNS from NPS.

Now he has me confused. First I thought he just was quoteing the law incorrectly to keep us all from dropping our LiL and jumping to AAD. Was the ansewr to the sub in Macon a freudian slip (becasue he knows the law just doesnt follow it) and he wants us to get DNS from AAD but wants to be on record saying group A can not get them.

Any insight from the experts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
The court has no reason to nor jurisdiction to make D* qualify people who move.

D* wasn't found guilty in this case.
The case had nothing to do with moving, only DNS. And since moving wasn't in the original case, it can't be brought up on appeal, it would have to be an entirely different lawsuit. Therefore any action against movers would involve likely Directv as well as Dish Network.