SatelliteGuys MPEG4 Contest!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mkottman said:
The sound appears out of sync with the video, I would say about one to two seconds delay. The picture is great.

That would make them unwatchable - no matter how pristine the picture.

Well Done!

mkottman, Great job on getting everything posted!!!

How many Tuners do you have at your house? Did you really need MultiSwitch or are you just getting set-up for expansion? How is the switch powered? My understanding is if only 4 tuners or less are to be supported, no multi-switch...is this still the case?

Thanks,

MM

Claude Greiner said:
The $50 reward is officially over.

I finally got my hands on a Directv Dish and receiver this afternoon to send over to our good friends at Echostar Technologies so they can take it apart and see how it works :D

I guess Charlie Ergen didn't believe that Directv was actually launching HD locals, and tomorrow morning at 10AM UPS will be delivering the proof :)

Hopefully Dish will be providing HD Detroit locals soon on the 129 Satellite :D
Charlie will probably wet himself when he sees the hardware. Some companies are leaders and the rest are followers. Charlie is probably choking on some exhaust fumes about now and I seriously doubt if he can introduce any local HD with the limited resources E* has.
Bob
(Happy D* customer obviously)

It looks like only 1 set of local channel numbers? I guess they only map dwon the HD channels and not the SD locals since it's an HD box?

Interesting anyways and banners and epg look purty :)

mdm_boulder said:
mkottman, Great job on getting everything posted!!!

How many Tuners do you have at your house? Did you really need MultiSwitch or are you just getting set-up for expansion? How is the switch powered? My understanding is if only 4 tuners or less are to be supported, no multi-switch...is this still the case?

Thanks,

MM

Yes, it appears that there's only one cable on out "output" side of the multiswitch.

Reading the dish manual, I believe it said it has a built in multiswitch, and if you only need up to four outputs, you didn't need an external one. I bet if you bypassed the external multiswitch with a barrel connector, your receiver would work fine. In other words, it looks like you really only needed one cable run from your dish to your receiver.

But maybe my understanding is wrong - someone will have to test and verify that no external multiswitch is required.

But with the four cable runs and external multiswitch, you're definitely good to go for an expansion up to 8 tuners.

My install in tonight, I am not sat expert, so as I am reading so of the posts, what benefit does "Multiswitching" and additional tuners have

BFG said:
It looks like only 1 set of local channel numbers? I guess they only map down the HD channels and not the SD locals since it's an HD box?

Interesting anyways and banners and epg look purty :)

I kinda hope they keep the local HD channels in the 80 - 89 range too, makes it nice to be able to change through all the HD channels with ease. Seeing those shots though it appears the channel numbers where our SD locals currently are will now be the HD local channels.

So is the 5 BNC dish only available in Detroit? What about the LA area?

Well, im on the phone right now with DTV. Apparently I dont need the 5 BNC dish. :confused: I guess we've been upgraded here for a while now. I'm trying to find out now if I can get the new HDDVR though...

I think you mean "5 LNB Dish" and plus if you llive in LA you shouldnt be calling about an upgrade because it not you turn yet! Detroit is the first and only market at present being focused on until the test period is over!

Here are the signal strength screen snapshots for all sats.

Attachments

• DSC02033.JPG
    DSC02033.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 725
  • DSC02034.JPG
    DSC02034.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC02035.JPG
    DSC02035.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC02036.JPG
    DSC02036.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC02037.JPG
    DSC02037.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC02038.JPG
    DSC02038.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 360
  • DSC02039.JPG
    DSC02039.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 456
I have only one receiver right now, the H20. I told the tech that I would be setting up additional TVs in the future. At the time of installation the tech, being new to this type of installation, thought that we could get away with the two line drops left over from my Voom setup. When we hooked up the receiver and seen only a few sats available it was then apparent that a total of four drops are needed to get all sats. The multi-switch combined the four drops so that only one line needs to go to each receiver.

mkottman, were your 110, 101 & 119 about those levels before. They seem kinda low, especially that 110. Looks like you only needed the 103 as you have no recpetion on the 99. Things that make you go, "hmm..."

NY locals

HDTVFanAtic said:
mkottman - Do you show NY HD locals on 80-88?

Local channels 80 CBSE, 81 CBSW, 82 NBCE, 83 NBCW, 86 ABCE, 87 ABCW, 88 FOXE, 89 FOXW show up on my channel guide.

lovswr said:
mkottman, were your 110, 101 & 119 about those levels before. They seem kinda low, especially that 110. Looks like you only needed the 103 as you have no recpetion on the 99. Things that make you go, "hmm..."

Of course he has no reception of 99 since that satellite doesn't even launch until November 9th.

lovswr said:

I did not have any service before this install so I have nothing to compare to. Its kind of overcast today maybe that has something to do with it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)