SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

You can't yet, and the main issue is that many android apps use external arm libraries - of course, they will not work on the GTV, at least not without some type of emulator, which is apparently in the pipeline - but if a V2 does come out (hardware wise, that is), which will be arm - it will probably just get scrapped (emulator).

Is there any new Logitech Google TV hardware on the way in 2012 or are they sticking with this version of the Revue?

Found some information on this topic via a thread on the Logitech support forum.

What ever form the next hardware version of GoogleTV will take, Logitech will not be making it. This was in their quarterly report filed November 7th:

In the digital home, we invested significantly in developing and marketing our Logitech Revue and related peripherals for the Google TV platform in the United States. As a result of poor initial sales of these products, we reduced the retail price of Logitech Revue from $249 to $99 in the quarter ended September 30, 2011. This action resulted in a $34.1 million valuation adjustment to cost of goods sold in the three months ended June 30, 2011. We expect our inventory of Logitech Revue products will be fully depleted in the quarter ended December 31, 2011. We do not plan to build a successor to Logitech Revue. However, we plan to take advantage of future peripheral opportunities around the Google TV platform as such opportunities arise.

Logitech International, S.A. - Quarterly Report

Not surprising since the CEO who really backed GoogleTV left a month or so after initial release.

It sounds like Logitech is just planning to sell off the rest of their inventory and then be done with the Revue. What does this mean for the future of the device? Can we still expect it to fully support Google TV 2.0 and all future apps, or will the Revue hardware be essentially abandoned in 2012?

Looks like anyone that bought this product gets HOSED again ! Once again I invested in the wrong tech.
Once Logitech is done with Honeycomb, really how much more do they need to do besides bug fixes? Google will keep the core apps updated via the market and developers will make cool apps for it. I don't feel like I've been "hosed" at all. I'm disappointed that Logitech won't be making anymore boxes cause I think it's a neat device. The fact that they are pairing up the Revue with their recently renamed Logitech Media Server software (formally called Squeezebox Server), gives me the impression that software support will still be around for a little while longer.

If Google ever moves on to porting ICE to GoogleTV... root and flash it just like you do your phone when the vendor stops pushing updates to that. That's the beauty of Android and the crazy people that build ROMs for it.

Last edited:
Engadget has pictures of Samsung Google TV 3d Blue Ray player and stand alone Google TV box. These products will be a hit the question is should I get the player or the box? I hope these get released next month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts