SatelliteGuys spamming? (No it's not)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddux

Insert Clever Phrase Here
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 19, 2004
DMA 114
I just got an email from a website peddling FTA satellite products. It was sent to the email address provided ONLY to satelliteguys. As far as I know, that email address is not available publicly on this website so it could only have come from the SatelliteGuys database. I use a technique to identify which websites are selling my email address to spammers. Would someone like to explain how and why SatelliteGuys made my email address available to spammers?

More info: the email came from a website hosted at ThePlanet.com. SatelliteGuys uses ThePlanet.com nameservers so I guess this email and SatelliteGuys are hosted at the same place. So is SatelliteGuys spamming directly?

My Receive Email from Other Members option is disabled so it did not come via that method.

chaddux said:
More info: the email came from a website hosted at ThePlanet.com. SatelliteGuys uses ThePlanet.com nameservers so I guess this email and SatelliteGuys are hosted at the same place. So is SatelliteGuys spamming directly?

My Receive Email from Other Members option is disabled so it did not come via that method.

I check the spam email and it isent from this same domin server there for it must have been comming from someware eles.

TelStar-5 said:
I check the spam email and it isent from this same domin server there for it must have been comming from someware eles.

That makes no sense at all. I have no idea what you are saying.

Chad, you have the option for people to send you an e-mail through the board software turned on in your profile.

At least I can see the option to send you an e-mail in your profile, but maybe that's because I have mod privlages?

<Nevermind, when I clicked on the link it say the userhas turned off this feature>

BFG said:
Chad, you have the option for people to send you an e-mail through the board software turned on in your profile.

At least I can see the option to send you an e-mail in your profile, but maybe that's because I have mod privlages?

No I don't. The link shows up whether it's enabled or not. If you actually click on the link, you are presented with this message:

"Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help."

chaddux said:
That makes no sense at all. I have no idea what you are saying.

X-Originating-IP: [70.85.79.160]
Return-Path: <nobody@host2.wedjhosting.com>
Authentication-Results: mta339.mail.scd.yahoo.com from=techie.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 70.85.79.160 (EHLO host2.wedjhosting.com) (70.85.79.160) by mta339.mail.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:33:26 -0700
Received: from nobody by host2.wedjhosting.com with local (Exim 4.50) id 1DhWKo-0003Qg-Cw for Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:33:22 -0500
Subject: Gats has new Auto Roll Bins For FTA Recivers
From: "Pascal" <basicpascal@techie.com> Add to Address Book
Reply-to:
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-Id: <E1DhWKo-0003Qg-Cw@host2.wedjhosting.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:33:22 -0500
X-wedjhosting2-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-wedjhosting2-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
X-wedjhosting2-MailScanner-From: nobody@host2.wedjhosting.com
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - host2.wedjhosting.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - yahoo.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 99] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - host2.wedjhosting.com
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:
Content-Length: 656

What im trying to say is mabey you should look into more of what you speak before you jump the gun ! Satellite guys domin ip adress is 70.85.58.122 as you can see the Abuse Attacker of this spam was from Received: from 70.85.79.160 (EHLO host2.wedjhosting.com) . I can ashure you 100% Satellite guys had noting to do with selling any emails nor spamming its users . I belong to a large coummity of dtv dealers it hasent been the fist time iv got this email !

Looks like we all got it. Yeah bad thread title, satelliteguys would not spam it's members

Dear Gats Members
Gats has new auto roll bin`s out for your FTA Irds.Jun 6,12,05 Gats has hired new staff to inprove are site to serve are coummity.Gats is a commity that dosent charge a member ship to there users to download file.Gats wont ever charge there users a free to download files from a VIP section.Gat would never open a site then just leave it then start up another FTA site leaving all your private info exposed to attackers.Gats is on a OffShoure Server out of the USA to enshure privacy for are end users.Once again thanks for being apart of the true free to air coummity that cares about are users!

shappyss said:
I got the same e-mail from the FTA website. I was also confused on why I got the e-mail.

As BFG "States" Turn e-mail through the board software turned on in your profile.

BFG said:
Looks like we all got it. Yeah bad thread title, satelliteguys would not spam it's members

I don't think it's a bad title. There is a question mark in it. It's quite appropriate, actually. Regardless of where it came from, there is only ONE way they got my email address and that's from SatelliteGuys. I still haven't heard an explanation of how they got my email address from SatelliteGuys.

TelStar-5 said:
As BFG "States" Turn e-mail through the board software turned on in your profile.

It didn't come through the board e-mailer.

As Chad got it and his is turned off.

If it did come through the board mailer it would been from username @ Satelliteguys.us with this line at the top of the message

This is a message from username at SatelliteGuys.US ( http://www.satelliteguys.us/index.php ). The SatelliteGuys.US owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

TelStar-5 said:

Wrong! It's not turned on for him.

BFG said:

Dear Gats Members
Gats has new auto roll bin`s out for your FTA Irds.Jun 6,12,05 Gats has hired new staff to inprove are site to serve are coummity.Gats is a commity that dosent charge a member ship to there users to download file.Gats wont ever charge there users a free to download files from a VIP section.Gat would never open a site then just leave it then start up another FTA site leaving all your private info exposed to attackers.Gats is on a OffShoure Server out of the USA to enshure privacy for are end users.Once again thanks for being apart of the true free to air coummity that cares about are users!

I agree with you BFG iv did a whois on Gats as well as Satellite guys they arent linked also Gats Looks to be a pirate site for hacking with Satelliteguys dosent support as stated in the main rulles no hacking talk this seems to be boges hopfully a mod or admin can close thes tread sence this dosent shead good light on this great fourm !

TelStar-5 said:
X-Originating-IP: [70.85.79.160]
Return-Path: <nobody@host2.wedjhosting.com>
Authentication-Results: mta339.mail.scd.yahoo.com from=techie.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 70.85.79.160 (EHLO host2.wedjhosting.com) (70.85.79.160) by mta339.mail.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:33:26 -0700
Received: from nobody by host2.wedjhosting.com with local (Exim 4.50) id 1DhWKo-0003Qg-Cw for Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:33:22 -0500
Subject: Gats has new Auto Roll Bins For FTA Recivers
From: "Pascal" <basicpascal@techie.com> Add to Address Book
Reply-to:
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-Id: <E1DhWKo-0003Qg-Cw@host2.wedjhosting.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:33:22 -0500
X-wedjhosting2-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-wedjhosting2-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
X-wedjhosting2-MailScanner-From: nobody@host2.wedjhosting.com
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - host2.wedjhosting.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - yahoo.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 99] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - host2.wedjhosting.com
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:
Content-Length: 656

What im trying to say is mabey you should look into more of what you speak before you jump the gun ! Satellite guys domin ip adress is 70.85.58.122 as you can see the Abuse Attacker of this spam was from Received: from 70.85.79.160 (EHLO host2.wedjhosting.com) . I can ashure you 100% Satellite guys had noting to do with selling any emails nor spamming its users . I belong to a large coummity of dtv dealers it hasent been the fist time iv got this email !

You are WRONG. The IP address of this email (70.85.79.160) belongs to ThePlanet.com just like I said! You can go to Arin.net and look it up. It's obvious that you don't know what you are talking about.

TelStar-5 said:
I agree with you BFG iv did a whois on Gats as well as Satellite guys they arent linked also Gats Looks to be a pirate site for hacking with Satelliteguys dosent support as stated in the main rulles no hacking talk this seems to be boges hopfully a mod or admin can close thes tread sence this dosent shead good light on this great fourm !

Is that even English? I have no idea what you are saying. There's no hack talk in this thread.

chaddux said:
I don't think it's a bad title. There is a question mark in it. It's quite appropriate, actually. Regardless of where it came from, there is only ONE way they got my email address and that's from SatelliteGuys. I still haven't heard an explanation of how they got my email address from SatelliteGuys.

I think its a bad title ! I belive every user of this coummity forum should be like family we should jump the gun over a some spam that everone gets everyday .Chaddux is this like the fist time you have ever got spam or what ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)