SatelliteGuys Special: 240cm C band Dish & LNBF $269+FREE Shipping

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mine was ordered today. I look forward to it.

This baby is going to be pointed at 58 West!

great deal :)

Too bad I already have 3 C-Band dishes and maybe a 4th is coming soon...I'm running out of room here

We filled the lawn now we are filling the roof;

jon.jpg

Great pictures, Joncl! I really wanted the 8 footer, and the shipping quote at the time by WSI was incredibly reasonable (it's an even better deal now with free shipping!)... I'm concerned with hurricanes where I live in New Orleans, and chances are I'll have to remove the reflector from time to time. Being able to do that on my own (without having to wait for help) was a big factor in choosing the 6 footer.

With this price and the materials on dish, this is a BIG bargain and excellent price for the goods you can get. I may try to set up my ten footer this year which bought from old house four years ago.

Great pictures, Joncl! I really wanted the 8 footer, and the shipping quote at the time by WSI was incredibly reasonable (it's an even better deal now with free shipping!)... I'm concerned with hurricanes where I live in New Orleans, and chances are I'll have to remove the reflector from time to time. Being able to do that on my own (without having to wait for help) was a big factor in choosing the 6 footer.

I have not seen anyone mention it, but the 8' will probably weigh at least twice as much as a 6'. Perhaps Robby of WSI can confirm this.
I have been trying to score a free one, but the ones I have been offered are too beat up to mess with. So unless something comes along pretty quick, I will be going for one of these myself. The only way to beat this deal is a free one.

I'm assuming you have a friendly freight carrier.
Otherwise, wouldn't two 65-75 lb boxes be cheaper to ship?

We got a guy in Canada looking for a 2.4m dish ... wonder how that works?
Maybe ship it to the border crossing station, and have him come pick it up? - :D

And, last question, any chance on a polar mount?
Not everyone can find an old (destroyed) BUD to use for the polar mount.

I'm assuming you have a friendly freight carrier.
Otherwise, wouldn't two 65-75 lb boxes be cheaper to ship?

When shipping with a freight company, depending on the actual company, they rate by the total weight rather than number pieces. The shipping company we use gives us a huge discount because of the amount we ship with them. I just quoted a customer in NY, for shipping this 8-footer and it only cost about $63.60. The price is definitly right. :D

We got a guy in Canada looking for a 2.4m dish ... wonder how that works?
Maybe ship it to the border crossing station, and have him come pick it up? -

That's an option and belive it or not people actually do this because it ends up being a lot cheaper.

Traditionally, when we ship freight, the customer would need to either use the freight company and pay brokerage fees in order for the company to clear customs on behalf of the customer. Some customers know how to clear customs so they will not hire the freight company or they may even hire their own customs broker.

And, last question, any chance on a polar mount?
Not everyone can find an old (destroyed) BUD to use for the polar mount.

That's something I'm working on. I may have them available in a few months. I will update you guys here as soon as it happens.

The shipping company we use gives us a huge discount because of the amount we ship with them.

and apparently a shipping company that takes a lowball bid for local contractors? ;) I got a call today (Monday) from a local express company and was informed my dish will be delivered Wednesday (that'll be 5 calendar days - 3 of those business) from when the dish arrived in town by truck to whatever hub the shipper uses locally to hold shipments. When asked "how about today?" they said they were all booked and Wednesday was the earliest opportunity.

As long as the dish arrives in great shape and isn't all smashed from transport/storage, I'll be happy. I can wait a more days for its arrival because there are tons of jacket-comfortable days where I live and won't have to wait for spring.

BTW, WSI did a great job on their seller end. I ordered it one evening and it was in the shipper's hands and on the road the very next day so the delay is entirely on the shipper and their choice of contractors since I don't believe they have a local company presence where I live.

I just added this to my Christmas list. :) Made a deal with my wife. She gets a laptop if I get this dish. I will wait to see how far that goes. :)

I just added this to my Christmas list. :) Made a deal with my wife. She gets a laptop if I get this dish. I will wait to see how far that goes. :)

it came today and I'd have to say I'm impressed initially. the steel is stamped and thicker than I would have thought (based on the 4' 6-panel dish I've purchased in the past from someone who I think is out of business now).

tomorrow I build the ring system and then friday or the weekend add the panels to that base and get it aimed.

Today I continued playing "Deal or No Deal" with my wife. She gets a laptop for Christmas and I get this 8' dish. At first she agreed, but said I must replace my 6' with this 8' dish. I said no deal and told her that I would put the 8' out in the yard and keep the 6' and other dishes on the deck. After several hours of thinking about it she has agreed. However, now I am thinking I should get more out of this deal since the dish is cheaper than a laptop. Perhaps I should add an AZbox receiver to the deal as well. :)

> Perhaps I should add an AZbox receiver to the deal as well.

Seems like a more then reasonable conclusion.

At first she agreed, but said I must replace my 6' with this 8' dish. I said no deal

dude, you're nucking futs for saying no deal if you're doing c-band! ;)

I'd jump on the wife's deal for 8' replacing 6' - that's what I'm doing here. co-sat interference nearly goes away when you get a dish that is a sliver from being 2 deg compliant compared to a dish that is nowhere close to 2 deg compliant.

think how many more c-band signals you can lock with a 8' dish compared to a 6' dish.

if the dish is for ku only, you might as well get a one-piece 1.2meter dish on a HH120 stab - that setup with the invacom LNBF rocks on ku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)