SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 02/09/2008

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Of course it could be that Charlie has a really nasty sense of humor and has decided to (upside) give us new national HD channels but (downside) they'll be NEW VOOM CHANNELS. One of them is actively uplinked NOW (we just don't know it yet):SlateHD.

There is activity this morning. Not what you want, but it is progress toward more stuff. digiblur will post it later.

Did not expect anything today in my guide.

I do like more "stuff" though. Things are looking :up

So, it just basically looks like they are clearing everything off transponders on the 61.5 bird, getting ready to make the eastern arc move?

The 121 FEC changes are puzzling. I don't see why the need more bandwidth on those TP's on 121. They already had a ton of space on those TP's. Unless they are planning for a 121 consolidation. It makes a lot of sense though since they can lease out some of the wasted space on 121.

The 121 FEC changes are puzzling. I don't see why the need more bandwidth on those TP's on 121. They already had a ton of space on those TP's. Unless they are planning for a 121 consolidation. It makes a lot of sense though since they can lease out some of the wasted space on 121.

Maybe to XstreamHD this fall.

Maybe to XstreamHD this fall.

I hope not. 121 is FSS, so it would require a bigger dish. I'm assuming XtreamHD will go with a DBS slot for a smaller, easier to install dish since they are planning on having it 'self installable'.

121 will probably be used for commercial applications, like the Met Opera thing they're doing at some movie theatres.

So, it just basically looks like they are clearing everything off transponders on the 61.5 bird, getting ready to make the eastern arc move?

They're clearing off Echostar 12 so they can put it in spot-beam mode and launch more HD LiL.

I hope not. 121 is FSS, so it would require a bigger dish. I'm assuming XtreamHD will go with a DBS slot for a smaller, easier to install dish since they are planning on having it 'self installable'.

121 will probably be used for commercial applications, like the Met Opera thing they're doing at some movie theatres.

I don't think you'll see XtremeHD on DBS. A high power KU bird like 121 or 105 would work great.

I don't think you'll see XtremeHD on DBS. A high power KU bird like 121 or 105 would work great.

Perhaps - I'm just wondering what precautions they'll take to make it self installable. I guess it's not that bad if it's only one slot to point at, meaning no skew necessary.

My second thought is, would E* / DISH allow it since I'm sure they'd see XtremeHD as a potential competitor. I guess if 121 is owned by E*, they might allow it.

Perhaps - I'm just wondering what precautions they'll take to make it self installable. I guess it's not that bad if it's only one slot to point at, meaning no skew necessary.

My second thought is, would E* / DISH allow it since I'm sure they'd see XtremeHD as a potential competitor. I guess if 121 is owned by E*, they might allow it.

Money is money as long as it's coming into one of the other side they'll sell. Selling transponder space is a very lucrative business. Each slot on a transponder is a lot of money on a monthly lease.

XstreamHD will not be on a DBS slot, straight from the lead engineer on the CES show floor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts