SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/15/2007

"This makes me wonder if some TPs are double power and some are not."

I'm pretty sure that's the case. TP 30 and TP 19 are usually the highest for me, while TP 6 is half signal of what those two TPs are. Maybe shutting down some TPs will allow them to switch some of those weak TPs to double power or maybe they're just saving power to prolong the life of ths sick bird.

The uplink report shows that has changed from the last time DigiBlur ran a report.

Let's take one line out of the report
653 - ARANG moved from Echostar12 61.5W TP 23 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 14 ConUS beam (A)

It shows the following:
Channel number,

Program Guide Name (how it shows up on the Dish receiver).
ARANG

What happened to the channel for it to show up on the report
moved (other options "added", "removed")

Where the channel moved from (Satellite name, location in the sky and transponder)
Echostar12 61.5W TP 23

where the channel moved to
EchoStar3 61.5W TP 14

whether its available nation wide or just a spot beam.
ConUS beam = Continental US
If it's a spot beam it will tell you the number. There are maps available to show the spot beam footprint.

If it's available to the public or not.
(A) = Available.
(NA)= Not Available.

Let us know if you have any questions!

See ya
Tony

so does anyont have the Cliff Notes version of the uplink page for us stupid guys... 8o)

What does it all mean?

THe Cliff Notes version is that if you can't understand it, then it is just details that you happen not to be interested in.

Consider 4th and long at the 2 minute warning behind 23-17. That is a sentence that is incomprehensible to anyone who does not care about NFL style football. And since they don't care, the content of the sentence is not important to them.

The same applies here - and in fact, it applies to just about everything. Someone else will always put relevant information in terms that the rest of us understand.

In this case, if Dish adds Speed-HD, then you can be sure that someone will start a thread " Dish adds Speed-HD ", so no one really needs to decipher transponder numbers and all that - unless it's their hobby.

Dish WILL add Speed HD, but not until the Week before the Daytona 500 when Speed HD launches.

And when Speed does go HD, it will be in the manner of sister channels National Geographic and Big Ten Network. That is an awful lot of stuff will be in Real HD and not stretch-o-vision. Most of their shows have been produced in HD for the last six-to-nine months so they will have plenty of HD at launch.

Dish WILL add Speed HD, but not until the Week before the Daytona 500 when Speed HD launches.

And when Speed does go HD, it will be in the manner of sister channels National Geographic and Big Ten Network. That is an awful lot of stuff will be in Real HD and not stretch-o-vision. Most of their shows have been produced in HD for the last six-to-nine months so they will have plenty of HD at launch.

And you and proof of this from???

prolly week after

And you and proof of this from???

The is no "proof". Ultimately, nothing happens until it shows up in the program guide. I would say with 85% to 90% certainty that Speed will be in HD on Dish the week before the Daytona 500.

As to Speed HD itself, you can tell that a lot of the Speed produced shows that are on now were produced in HD because the graphics look too big, or the titles are cropped and position wrong for a 4:3 image. Also, every Nascar Race Program that Speed covered this year was recorded in HD. How do I know this? Because the highlights of qualifying show on ESPN and credited to Speed were in HD.

As to Dish carrying it at launch. Let's just say that the CSR above confirms sources I have in the programming industry. Same ones that say that Dish will be carrying ESPNU and ESPN News HD when those are launched this Summer

It also makes sense when you look at how much money Dish has invested in Nascar. How bad would it look if Dish did not carry Speed's HD coverage of Nascar's biggest event In HD?

The is no "proof". Ultimately, nothing happens until it shows up in the program guide. I would say with 85% to 90% certainty that Speed will be in HD on Dish the week before the Daytona 500.

As to Speed HD itself, you can tell that a lot of the Speed produced shows that are on now were produced in HD because the graphics look too big, or the titles are cropped and position wrong for a 4:3 image. Also, every Nascar Race Program that Speed covered this year was recorded in HD. How do I know this? Because the highlights of qualifying show on ESPN and credited to Speed were in HD.

As to Dish carrying it at launch. Let's just say that the CSR above confirms sources I have in the programming industry. Same ones that say that Dish will be carrying ESPNU and ESPN News HD when those are launched this Summer

It also makes sense when you look at how much money Dish has invested in Nascar. How bad would it look if Dish did not carry Speed's HD coverage of Nascar's biggest event In HD?

I am in the tennis industry. I know for a fact the Tennis Channel hd is launching on Direct. It is launching around the time of the Australian Open , one of our grand slam tournaments in Janurary. I do believe like many others that this channel will be exclusive to Direct for a limited time. As far as Dish not making another pr mistake. Have you been paying attention lately???

Edit: I just recieved an e-mail from Eric Abner the pr guy at the Tennis Channel. The launch date for the Tennis Channel hd is moved up to December 31. It will only be launched on Direct. I would think for a short period of time. Like several other hd channels on Direct.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)