SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/22/2007

Another exciting uplink report DIGI. I only wish that DISH would put something of hd interest up there for CHristmas but I guess Charlie is playing THE GRINCH this year.:(

would not expect much during the next 2 weeks with the holidays approaching. But we can always dream.:)

The Swanni sayz......

The Swanni sayz......

EchoStar's Dish Network could be close to adding MOJO, the high-def network owned by a cable TV consortium.

At the web site for Dish magazine, the programming guide for Dish Network, MOJO is listed as one of the Dish channels that will offer "holiday programming" this month.

When you click on MOJO HD at the site, three programs are listed, starting with MOJO's annual "Yule Log" broadcast which begins at 7 a.m. ET on Christmas day.

Francie Bauer, an EchoStar spokeswoman, this morning said the magazine listing is a "misprint." However, she refused to comment further when asked if the company was denying that it would add MOJO by January 1.

Rob Jacobson, MOJO's CEO, issued this statement on Tuesday:
"We’re in discussions with EchoStar (as we are with all distributors who don’t carry the network) and we only wish the statement were true, as that would mean they’d be distributing the channel.”

The Swanni sayz......

EchoStar's Dish Network could be close to adding MOJO, the high-def network owned by a cable TV consortium.

At the web site for Dish magazine, the programming guide for Dish Network, MOJO is listed as one of the Dish channels that will offer "holiday programming" this month.

When you click on MOJO HD at the site, three programs are listed, starting with MOJO's annual "Yule Log" broadcast which begins at 7 a.m. ET on Christmas day.

Francie Bauer, an EchoStar spokeswoman, this morning said the magazine listing is a "misprint." However, she refused to comment further when asked if the company was denying that it would add MOJO by January 1.

Rob Jacobson, MOJO's CEO, issued this statement on Tuesday:
"We’re in discussions with EchoStar (as we are with all distributors who don’t carry the network) and we only wish the statement were true, as that would mean they’d be distributing the channel.”

Also mentioned Smithsonian.

I don't know how many subs Dish is losing. I would like to see how many of us have at least checked the price for a Direct system.:)

Believe me, if I could get that humongous dish mounted (or even if Cablevision offered decent channels) I'd have been gone already. My contract's up and I'm hanging on until I can figure out what to do; FIOS may be coming but when you look at their channel lineup it makes CV look like DirecTV. :)

=NLK=

Here we go again. Time for all the ship jumpers to starting chiming in again. Direct doesn't have that much more compelling content as far as I'm concerned.

It would talk a lot of great channels to make me switch if I ever considered. The 622/722 is hands down worth sticking with dish.

Here we go again. Time for all the ship jumpers to starting chiming in again. Direct doesn't have that much more compelling content as far as I'm concerned.

It would talk a lot of great channels to make me switch if I ever considered. The 622/722 is hands down worth sticking with dish.

Oh, now, don't be so hard on us. EVERYONE's a potential ship jumper; all it takes is for D* to offer something that is important to you and that's missing from Dish and there you go! And it's not like there's anything wrong with jumping; nothing prevents one from switching back whenever they want.

I DO agree with you about the 622/722, however; it's really a GREAT piece of equipment.

=NLK=

Oh, now, don't be so hard on us. EVERYONE's a potential ship jumper; all it takes is for D* to offer something that is important to you and that's missing from Dish and there you go! And it's not like there's anything wrong with jumping; nothing prevents one from switching back whenever they want.

True. I left Time Warner for Dish when they took over in my area from Adelphia and I lost NFL Network

lookin like i will go back to Comcast in February, and come fall when football starts up again, either come back to Dish or go to direct with the sunday ticket promotion...

Now if i can only get Comcast to give me there offer of Digital Cable with an HD-DVR for $50 a month for 6 months, but not start it till Feb... I will be a really happy camper.

EVERYONE's a potential ship jumper; all it takes is for D* to offer something that is important to you and that's missing from Dish and there you go! And it's not like there's anything wrong with jumping; nothing prevents one from switching back whenever they want.=NLK=

Agree. In my case, I decided to wait until Christmas, and here I am - a proud owner of two D* HD DVRs, HR20 & HR21. I like what I have now, HD PQ is better then I expected on new MPEG4 D* channels and much better then E* starved MPEG4 channels.

I DO agree with you about the 622/722, however; it's really a GREAT piece of equipment.
=NLK=

I think that although 622 is slightly better in interface, and I find HR20/21 are very close and stable receivers. Just one distraction for me is a slow channel change with Native Res. ON. If it is OFF then it is OK. And you know, that 622 doesn't have Native Res. at all.
Other then that HR20/21 are much better then I expected reading posts from switched guys here. They are just different with different interface look and different implementation. Can't record three channels, yeah, but now I have two DVRs, so I can actually record four channels:D).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)