SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/29/2007

The word "plans" is a rather meaningless one.

Well, actually, it IS in the dictionary, so it DOES have a definition. Plans can be specific or they can be general. When it comes to E*, at least when it comes to their EXPRESSED plans, well, they indeed are so general as to be meaningless (to the extent they exist at all). So I agree with you there.

And that's the problem. Plans don't HAVE to be so general as to be meaningless, (as was demonstrated by D*). It's been E*'s decision to keep them that way.

Perhaps E* is really having technical problems in their uplink center? Supposidly "n" was going to replace nick gas yesterday ( when nick gas went to a black screen) the techs had to move n back to a noggin/n split

And that's the problem. Plans don't HAVE to be so general as to be meaningless, (as was demonstrated by D*). It's been E*'s decision to keep them that way.

If D* had had two launch failures/postponements, instead of E*, then the past two months would have been:

" When is D* ever going to catch up with E* ? "

and

" Why does D* announce plans that they can't deliver ? "

It's amazing to me that people cannot understand that.

If D* had had two launch failures/postponements, instead of E*, then the past two months would have been:

" When is D* ever going to catch up with E* ? "

and

" Why does D* announce plans that they can't deliver ? "

It's amazing to me that people cannot understand that.

Well, that's your opinion, which you are entitled to but with which I disagree.

Had D* had the two launch failures instead of E* it could just easily have been "E* launched two satellites and we're STILL waiting for more national HD, at least I know that WHEN D* launches them they are planning to add additional HD channels, so I'll stick it out". Of course, that's all academic as E* DID have the failures and D* didn't. I don't think Dish's "announcement strategy" was set in stone two years ago and couldn't be changed in response to events that unfolded.

Let's put it this way: how are people supposed to distinguish between a company that is just waiting to launch satellites to compete with D* on the national HD front and a company which is waiting to launch a couple of satellites so it can add HD LILs and a single-dish solution and is only marginally interested in paying providers for additional national HD? Whose word are we supposed to take?

Well, that's your opinion, which you are entitled to but with which I disagree.

Had D* had the two launch failures instead of E* it could just easily have been "E* launched two satellites and we're STILL waiting for more national HD

Okay, now we know you are one of those people paid 50 cents a post to make negative comments.

E* is going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to launch two satellites to keep them empty ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts