SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 04/21/2007

what's this V-ME I seen in here at 119?

and what's with putting PI channels lately only on 148 or 67.5?

not that I'll watch them, just so I can watch them.
V-Me is in the PI number range. It's a Spanish language non-profit type channel, I think.

what's this V-ME I seen in here at 119?
Spanish version of PBS

and what's with putting PI channels lately only on 148 or 67.5?

no, they've been putting them on 61.5 & 129. There has to be x% of channels as PI so thats why this new V-Me is on 119. It's replacing RFD TV (which was moved to 110 a while back and now is not a PI)

Spanish version of PBS

no, they've been putting them on 61.5 & 129. There has to be x% of channels as PI so thats why this new V-Me is on 119. It's replacing RFD TV (which was moved to 110 a while back and now is not a PI)

whatever the sat locations are, but you got my point.

Yes i know there has to be a x%age of PI channels. I thought that they had to put them viewable to all satellites on DN, 110,119 as well.

7827 - WBGU [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar10 110W TP 26 Spotbeam 13(MI,IN,OH) (Not Available)
Is that channel normally available to Northwest OH customers ?? I don't know if this means it's moved from a different satellite to 110' or if it's a new uplink entirely. Just curious.... In Lima, Findlay, etc, I don't know what PBS station customers get, but on cable it's WBGU.

If they would shadow these 4 PI Channels on 129, I'll be able to move my 61.5 dish over to 129, and then I could watch Denver locals in HD.

9402 Health & Human Services
9405 Pentagon Channel
9406 Classic Arts Showcase
9416 Good Samaritan Network
9418 FEC/PAEC

Wait a minute, I don't have HD :D, I dropped it a few days ago with some other programming; and both of my accounts may soon be inactive as I arrange for other services.

No, evidently each satellite slot has to have its share of PI channels, so that someone who has only a dish pointed at that location, still has access to the same % of PI channels.
ABOUT V-me

V-me (pronounced veh-meh), is the first national Spanish-language television network presented by public television stations. V-me, a 24-hour digital broadcast service carried on basic digital cable in major markets across the country and nationally via satellite, represents a new network and media community for US Latinos.
V-me (from the Spanish veme, meaning see me) entertains, educates and inspires families in Spanish with a youthful, contemporary mix of original productions, exclusive premieres and acquisitions, and popular public television programs specially adapted for American Latinos.
V-me provides a clear programming alternative to mainstream Spanish-language media, and a unique uncluttered environment for corporations and organizations looking to connect with the national Hispanic community through sophisticated TV and web content, educational programs, and grassroots events.

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 04/21/2007 - 3 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 04/18/2007 01:09P - 04/18/2007 04:38P - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

185 - HLMRK - EchoStar8 110W TP 11 ConUS beam changed flags from 0101097800FCFF to 0101028000FCFF
187 - HMC - EchoStar8 110W TP 03 ConUS beam changed flags from 0101003B00FCFF to 0101097800FCFF
5862 - SPEC1 EchoStar1 148W TP 23 ConUS beam changed from TV to MPEG2 SD (NA)

Channels in the system: 3261
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available

Yeah Tulsa would be good as well but for now it will be nice to see the Oklahoma City Locals give live in HD.

And get Tulsa local HD's uplinked....:(

Maybe someone can help us out here, looks like Tulsa, Joplin and Springfield are all on the same spot beam. Would they be room on this spot beam for our HD locals as well. I would sure like to see Springfield MO. locals on sat in HD. Looks like they are using 2 transponders for us now with Joplin and Springfield on one and Tulsa on one.

FYI: 4HD channels currently fit on one transponder. You MAY be able to shoe-horn in 6 with MPEG-4 as is being done on a few talking head channels (HGTV/Food). So the answer is NO. Not right now. At least not from 110º

One transponder can hold approx:
~80 high quality music channels (~200 lower q channels like the Muzak audio in the lower 900 range)

10-13 Standard def video channels (13 is show-horning with current MPEG2)

3 HD MPEG-2
4 HD MPEG-4 (with older tech)
6 HD MPEG-6 (newer tech used on one TP now with talking head channels--less motion)

See ya
Tony

Yeah make sense! I will just be glad when Dish turns on the Oklahoma City Locals In HD. I tried calling the CBS Station to talk with some of the engineers but it seems they have been out of the office the last day or so. For now it's the waiting game. :)

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the NESN-HD request to the appropriate parties. I'm even considering trying to get within shouting distance of John Henry at a Red Sox game to tell him to try to get Dish to get it ;)

Last edited:
Yeah make sense! I will just be glad when Dish turns on the Oklahoma City Locals In HD. I tried calling the CBS Station to talk with some of the engineers but it seems they have been out of the office the last day or so. For now it's the waiting game. :)

Call and email all of your affiliates. FYI..the engineers might not be the ones to ask in some cases either but some of them might know. The technical hurdle of the locals I believe to be completed, now it's left up to the money, the paper, and the pen.

FYI: 4HD channels currently fit on one transponder. You MAY be able to shoe-horn in 6 with MPEG-4 as is being done on a few talking head channels (HGTV/Food). So the answer is NO. Not right now. At least not from 110º

One transponder can hold approx:
~80 high quality music channels (~200 lower q channels like the Muzak audio in the lower 900 range)

10-13 Standard def video channels (13 is show-horning with current MPEG2)

3 HD MPEG-2
4 HD MPEG-4 (with older tech)
6 HD MPEG-6 (newer tech used on one TP now with talking head channels--less motion)

See ya
Tony

Thanks Tony, I didn't know how many transponders they used on 1 spot beam.

622 features web page (or thread) ??

522 in closet - keep it there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)