SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Discussion - Week Ending 06/02/2007

If it says "No Info", that means the local station doesn't provide programming data to Tribune, who in turn provides it to Dish. There's NOTHING Dish can do in cases like this. Ask others in your area who have a normal digital set-top that receives PSIP data to see if it's populated or if it also says "No Info" or something similar. If so, call the station and complain.

Hall, when E* had guide info up for a few days back a few months ago I had guide info for all of these channels. So they may not be providing the data now, but I know they were then. I don't know why they would stop sending it, and I get the same thing on more than 1 channel so I don't think it's that the channels aren't sending data.

If it says "No Info", that means the local station doesn't provide programming data to Tribune, who in turn provides it to Dish. There's NOTHING Dish can do in cases like this. Ask others in your area who have a normal digital set-top that receives PSIP data to see if it's populated or if it also says "No Info" or something similar. If so, call the station and complain.

Most likely if it says "No Info", the guide has not been updated since the channel was added or in the case of the 9 day guide the receiver has not finished processing the downloaded info.

Lexington, KY info looks good! Great to finally have guide data for our CW (27.2) and also for PBS-HD (46.4).

Most likely if it says "No Info", the guide has not been updated since the channel was added or in the case of the 9 day guide the receiver has not finished processing the downloaded info.
I still think confirming what PSIP data is provided by the station would be a good indicator. How many stations simply don't bother doing the work for the sub-channels ??

I still think confirming what PSIP data is provided by the station would be a good indicator. How many stations simply don't bother doing the work for the sub-channels ??

PSIP would be good for determining the actual ID assigned to the sub-channel, but the info comes from Tribune, not the PSIP.

Yay, subchannel guide data for Indianapolis! Have missed it. When first added only had it for like 2 weeks then it was gone.

PSIP would be good for determining the actual ID assigned to the sub-channel, but the info comes from Tribune, not the PSIP.
I'm aware of that but where does Tribune get the data from ?? The station.... The station has to make the effort to "assign" data to their sub-channels. If they don't do it for PSIP, are they likely to do it for Tribune ??

I noticed they uplinked WLRN2, which hasn't been on the air in over a year.
And I have yet to see WPBT1 EPG, but they uplinked 2 and 3. The only time I saw
WPBT1(PBS) EPG, the info was for a West Coast NBC affiliate.

Walt

I'm now finally getting ota epgs here in Vegas. Only one problem, the guide data for 33.1, a CW channel, still mirrors the channel below it, channel 39.1 which is a spanish channel :mad:

Its nice to be able to DVR PBSHD again but I'll still have to do manual timers for OS Star Trek on 33.1.

Which makes Phoenix the first DMA to have 5 HD locals.

If an E*10 spotbeam has the same bandwidth as a Conus transponder, then they should be able to have 6 HD locals, since they are all MPEG4.

The bandwidth is the same, but apparently the encoders for Phoenix have not been upgraded and KTVK-DT1 is on a separate Tp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)