SatelliteGuys Winegard Pathway X2 First Look

If you go full timing, you are going to want a Trav'ler automatic roof dish or get good with setting up a ground tripod. Anything less than simultaneous multiple satellite view and HD will be unacceptable.

Roof mounted means restrictions on where you can park. I used a tripod for 110/119 for years, many years ago. Gave it away when we stopped taking the RV on the road ($4 diesel will do that to you). Maybe there will be a self pointing 2 sat dish in coming years.

I saw the other day that the folks from Winegard lined to our review. (Thank you!)

This thing is SO MUCH better then the Tailgater!

Only thing I am sad about is that no one from Winegard contacted me letting me know they found a new 10 foot mesh C Band Dish in their warehouse they would like to get rid of. :D :D

I haven't seen the cost for a retailer yet but I hope they leave more room for us to make some profit on them. The Tailgater is a great price for the customer but terrible for people selling them. A margin of 15% is not good enough.

Hey, if Dish can survive on 9% margin, then retailers can live with 15% margin. :D ;)

Just received the Pathway X2 today and so far have mixed reviews. I'm in Sarasota FL currently and have a TRAVLER mounted on the roof of my RV but parked under heavy tree cover so no signal on the roof.

Tried to set it up for 2 receivers, on the setup you select either 1 or 2 receivers, if you choose one receiver you can choose whether you want to use the Eastern or Western ark; if you choose two receivers you don't get to choose (the selections are blocked out). When I chose 2 receivers and started the scan it found the eastern ark pretty quickly BUT no locals. Called DISH, they confirmed that locals are only available on the 119 & 129 satellites.
So I called Winegard to see how, if possible, to force the antenna to use the western ark when selecting 2 receivers, they told me NO, when in the 2 receiver mode you have no control.

So I'm currently configured in the 1 receiver mode and locked on the western ark and only able to use one receiver/TV.

I hope Winegard figures a way to allow the user to force the Pathway to use a specific set of satellites, in the meantime I'm stuck with what I have!!!

Interesting... when I was testing mine I did not run into that issue since the locals were coming off of the Eastern Arc satellites.

How large is the reflector? I have the Winegaurd Carryout and found its S/N ratio is to low to get reliable reception in Maine on eastern or western arc. If one tree leaf or butterfly pass over the Carryout the signal is lost if I get it at all.

Just received the Pathway X2 today and so far have mixed reviews. I'm in Sarasota FL currently and have a TRAVLER mounted on the roof of my RV but parked under heavy tree cover so no signal on the roof.

Tried to set it up for 2 receivers, on the setup you select either 1 or 2 receivers, if you choose one receiver you can choose whether you want to use the Eastern or Western ark; if you choose two receivers you don't get to choose (the selections are blocked out). When I chose 2 receivers and started the scan it found the eastern ark pretty quickly BUT no locals. Called DISH, they confirmed that locals are only available on the 119 & 129 satellites.
So I called Winegard to see how, if possible, to force the antenna to use the western ark when selecting 2 receivers, they told me NO, when in the 2 receiver mode you have no control.

So I'm currently configured in the 1 receiver mode and locked on the western ark and only able to use one receiver/TV.

I hope Winegard figures a way to allow the user to force the Pathway to use a specific set of satellites, in the meantime I'm stuck with what I have!!!

Is this still the case? I would be on the western arc myself and kind of want to get one of these for my tailgating setup this fall but won't if we can't do 2 tv's with it.

Does anyone know how much power (in watts) this thing uses? I assume that the receiver + satellite combination takes up a little more power than just the 211. I'm thinking of getting the X2 for tailgating next year, and trying to figure out how many AH of battery power I will need for my setup. Any help would be much appreciated!

Is this still the case? I would be on the western arc myself and kind of want to get one of these for my tailgating setup this fall but won't if we can't do 2 tv's with it.

As of the end of March I was still only to receive the western arc and no locals there (in South Florida). Since then I've moved and am now using the Trav'ler on the roof of our coach.

Has anyone used a longer cable with the X2 than the 25' coax that comes with it? I'd like to get a 50' cable, plus I'll need a small section of flat RG6 to go through an RV window. Will the signal be too degraded?

The 50' Cable should work... I think they sent me a 50 and a 25 for my testing. As far as the flat cable, I can't answer that 100% some people say it causes no problems and others say stay away. I have not tested them so I can not say one way or another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)