Sathero SH-200 Jumpy Display

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Well my stationary dish on 125W came out of alignment during some bad weather. We had microbursts tear through here with gusts that were greater than 70 mph. So I grabbed my new Sathero SH-200, some wrenches and headed out to the dish. First off, as I expressed in another thread I hate the stupid annoying beeper inside this meter. I still don’t have a solution for disabling the beeper other than opening up the unit and making some mods as suggested. Anyway, the other problem is that the meter is not stable. It bounces from low to high, lock to unlock making it virtually impossible to fine tune the dish. However when I get back into the house the signal on my MicroHD is steady. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a feeling this is another case of, "you get what you pay for." Unfortunately I cannot afford a AI Turbo S2 at this time. But I think that’s what I'll be saving up for. Or maybe I'll buy a small LCD TV and use one of my MicroHD's out at the dish. Its just that having a meter is a lot more convenient for me.

DMSI is coming out with a new meter The First Strike 2nd Edition (FS1-SE) could be a choice it should be under $300 retail. However if you are saving for a AI Turbo S2 go that route you'll never be sorry.

Yes the SH-200 does that on all DVB-S2 signals, regular ones it does not do that.

Well my stationary dish on 125W came out of alignment during some bad weather. We had microbursts tear through here with gusts that were greater than 70 mph. So I grabbed my new Sathero SH-200, some wrenches and headed out to the dish. First off, as I expressed in another thread I hate the stupid annoying beeper inside this meter. I still don’t have a solution for disabling the beeper other than opening up the unit and making some mods as suggested. Anyway, the other problem is that the meter is not stable. It bounces from low to high, lock to unlock making it virtually impossible to fine tune the dish. However when I get back into the house the signal on my MicroHD is steady. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a feeling this is another case of, "you get what you pay for." Unfortunately I cannot afford a AI Turbo S2 at this time. But I think that’s what I'll be saving up for. Or maybe I'll buy a small LCD TV and use one of my MicroHD's out at the dish. Its just that having a meter is a lot more convenient for me.

I've heard that only happens with S2 signals. So, if you aim using a standard DVB signal, it should be stable.

I already owned a non S2 meter. The reason why I bought the Sathero is because it supposedly worked with DVB-S2 signals. Now I have 2 meters that wont do S2.:(

Does anyone know of any DVB-S signals on AMC21 @ 125W?

Yes it does do S2 other wise you would get nothing. Yes it is sorta annoying, but better than dragging a TV out to dish.

Yes it does do S2 other wise you would get nothing. Yes it is sorta annoying, but better than dragging a TV out to dish.

Using this meter on S2 transponders is like trying to read a book with someone turning the lights off and on. That's more than annoying IMHO. That's unusable.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Below is how Rick explained how to read Sathero 200 DVB-S2 signal.

The strength number reading on the meter will also change back and forth, with the mid range number being the one that I use to peak my dishes. It will read 37 and bounce up to 74 and then 118 and back to 74.

I use the method outlined here by Rick to use my SatHero 200 meter.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies gentlemen. I've decided that all the recommendations for work arounds are unacceptable for my needs. I'll try to return this to the place I bought it. If they won't take it back I'll try to sell it. If I cannot sell it then it will go to Goodwill or in the trash where it belongs. I don't mean to offend anyone here that likes and uses this meter. It just won't work for me. Thanks again for the replies.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys iOS app

I have a first strike meter fs1 and was told it was not upgraded to hd and was told by tech support to buy a sathero. I am tired of spending money and purchased a sathero 100 for $33 and that detects the satellites that the other meters I have will not find.

DMSI is coming out with a new meter The First Strike 2nd Edition (FS1-SE) could be a choice it should be under $300 retail. However if you are saving for a AI Turbo S2 go that route you'll never be sorry.

Yes the 100 needs to be powered from the receiver, it does not have its on battery or power source.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)