Satmex 5 Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrturbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
norther california
Hi, i got a 33" dish with linear lnb, using a captiveworks 800. I have had absolutely no luck in getting satmex 5. Im not sure if my settings are wrong or what. Any help i can get please.

Thanks

SatMex 5 doesn't have the best North American footprint. You might be marginal with that size dish. A quick way to provide answers to a few fundamental questions might be to see if you can lock on to 11820 V 30000. You won't scan in any channels; it's a HughesNet TP. However, it's going to have a stronger signal at your location than any of the television channels.

Try that, and provide a little more background: Is the dish motorized? Are you certain you are aligned properly? Have you had success receiving other nearby satellites?

Uh, there are spot beams on that satellite too.

What channel is the TS trying to get?

119 uses circular polarization LNBF. 116.8 uses linear polarization LNBF.

Satmex has a great footprint in most of the US but the farther north you go the worse it gets

here in MN I need a 120cm dish to lock most anything on it good

im trying to get televida ambundante im located 95060 area. i cant get nothing but 119 with this linear lnb trying to get that 116.8 but no luck. what should my settings be while trying to look for this bird? im using a captiveworks 800. Thanks

i put it for 116.8 and get 119 saying wrong sat. not sure if my settings are wrong or what? this is my 3rd day trying to get this bird with no luck.

sat to 116.8
transponder to 11820/v/30000/auto
lnb freq. to 10750
lnb type to normal
22 khz to auto
diseqc to none
legacy sw to off
motorised system to none

is there any writing on the LNB?

As of about 10 minutes ago, the signal is up...not much of one here in Minneapolis (due to the footprint) but enough to keep it stable. I know in Cal the signal is much better

I would put in the transponder info into the receiver (12059 V 3078...frequency/polarity/symbol rate) and SLOWLY move the dish off of where you think 119 is. Look at quality on the meter.

But I want to make sure the right LNB info is entered otherwise you'll just be banging your head because it wont come in

turn the 22k off but the rest are fine for the settings

I would manually enter that info I posted above about the transponder and then try and aim the dish

for your area the ingfo for the dish is such

116.8°W SatMex 5 C/Ku
46.8° elevation of dish
156.2° where to aim in the sky
-6.9°R skew of LNB...since its minimal if the LNB is at 0 skew that would still be fine

what kind of dish is it? reason I ask is some Fortec models the elevation of the dish can be off by 5 degrees so the elevation scale may say 40 but you might have to move it to 45 to get it to work

never heard of it....

Google gave me just a regular stock dish so I cant comment on the accuracy of the elevation scale

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts