SatMex-6 is now on way to 115º West!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
The new baby bird is born, and they may start testing in the next few weeks!!

This new bird use C-band and KU band for North and South America at 109* West.

Hope there some more goodies!!:hungry:

Happy TV DXing!!:D

hopefully they use it for a west coast version of Hispasat

and hopefully it has a decent signal to the Northern states :D

satmex

what is the diference between ku 1 and ku 2 exept ku 2 goes farther notrh? I was looking at the maps on website

N5XZS said:
This new bird use C-band and KU band for North and South America at 109* West.
Er... 109.2 ku is a Canadian slot. Canada and Mexico swapped slots when Anik F1 and F2 were launched.

Satmex 6 is going to 114.9

fulszjep said:
what is the diference between ku 1 and ku 2 exept ku 2 goes farther notrh? I was looking at the maps on website
The EIRP. #1 is for a 49 EIRP (in simple terms, you will get a really strong signal)
#2 is "well, you might get a signal with a 30", better go a little bigger

outside of that...have fun picking us up

Rick in MD said:
No According to Satmex's Website Satmex 6 will be at 109.2

Just goes to show that an in & out of bankrupt company doesn't keep up their website

Satmex 6 is going to 113. Solidaridad 2 will be relocated to 114.9

http://www.futron.com/pdf/FutronRR2006-04.pdf

2 high powered Ku satellites cannot operate at 1.9 or 1.8 degree spacing without interference. That's why Canada won't use 109.2 and Mexico is placing a low powered satellite @ 114.9

Last edited:
Jumbo Dumbo said:
Just goes to show that an in & out of bankrupt company doesn't keep up their website

Satmex 6 is going to 113. Solidaridad 2 will be relocated to 114.9

http://www.futron.com/pdf/FutronRR2006-04.pdf

2 high powered Ku satellites cannot operate at 1.9 or 1.8 degree spacing without interference. That's why Canada won't use 109.2 and Mexico is placing a low powered satellite @ 114.9

Interesting.. 113 then, I can look there.. No problem.. :D Nice find..

photoman76 said:
I guessing it will undergo testing at 115 degrees and then move to 113 degrees and replace Solidaridad 2. Here is a press release from Loral which indicates Satmex 6 will be located at 113 degrees west. http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060527/nysa016.html?.v=27

I haven't seen any activity on the spectrum analyzer.

Hopefully the Ku-band will be packed with interesting FTA channels, unlike SatMex 5.
If it's strong enough, a 6 footer C band will do. :D

soyticodepz said:
Does anybody know what channels will be available in this sat?

It's unknown for now, and most are waiting for more FTA Televisa + Azteca channels in the clear. Hopefully this bird will carry that in KU, but more likely on C-BAND

I think its doing test at 115 roght now, because I did quite a few re-adustment dish the last few days.

Satmex 6 in service at 113 degrees

Satmex 6 is now operating at 113 degrees west.

On the ku side there are a number of data services. Unfortunately I haven't found any FTA channels yet.

I'm not sure if Satmex 6 has taken over for Solidaridad 2 on the Cband side yet. I received Solidaridad 2 well in California and I'm not noticing much difference in signal strength.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)