Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I live in Tampa Fl:
Latitud = 28
Longitud=82.5

According to my calculations I will need a 1.9 meters ~ 6 feet dish to get the SatMex 5 at 116.8 W.

Is some one getting this satellite in Tampa/Florida with a smaler dish?

I am interested in the C band channels:

XEW - TV 2 9 Sp
XHTV - 4 TV (Mexico City) 10 Sp
XHGC - TV 5 (Mexico City) 11 Sp
XEQ - TV 9 (Mexico City) 12 Sp

Those channels are DCII and are not mapped on the 4dtv, so unless Motorola gets the right to map them you will not see them.

And a 10' dish would be best, 8.5' for the smallest.

Those are DCII channels so you would need a 4DTV receiver for those (not a DVB receiver)

You would need a 6' or larger dish for the 4DTV receiver to work right

Looking at Lyngsat it says F and it is white. So it is a free channel. How do you guys know (so I can learn) if it DBV or DCII?

If it is DCII and I have that receiver can I get it free?

where it lists all the channels on that TP, (same column where it says F for free) it notes the type

Digicipher II
DVB
NTSC (Analog)

Its the column to the left of the symbol rate (which in this case is 28125)

OK, I think I have been reading this wrong then. Let me see if I get then:

In this example, For TP12 The first channel defines what is being used. Which in this case is DIGICIPHER 2. Now all of the other channels are pink which means they are NO free, BUT there are other ones in Yellow (Digital CLear). Those are free RIght? Like TeleHit, XEW -TV 2.
In that case then because this TP is using DC II, that means that I can get the Yellow ones FREE using a 4DTV receiver.

Is that correct?

Yes you should?????

Yes you should, if you know how. That particular transponder (12), if you notice in the "audio" column the letters sp, which are red, there are no numbers in front of them.
Now look at transponder 18. See the red numbers in front of the sp. Those should be the channel numbers for the 4dtv receiver.
Also, if you notice the column furthurest to the right (source updated), this column tells you when this information was obtained or posted. The newer the date is, the more likely it will be correct. Things change all the time and some things stay on there for ever. Some of the post are outdated and incorrect. But, most are correct. I can't think of a better place for this type of information....

Al

kelleyga said:
OK, I think I have been reading this wrong then. Let me see if I get then:

In this example, For TP12 The first channel defines what is being used. Which in this case is DIGICIPHER 2. Now all of the other channels are pink which means they are NO free, BUT there are other ones in Yellow (Digital CLear). Those are free RIght? Like TeleHit, XEW -TV 2.
In that case then because this TP is using DC II, that means that I can get the Yellow ones FREE using a 4DTV receiver.

Is that correct?

The first line on that transponder is NOT a channel. In satellite term, it's the name of the "bouquet", or an umbrella of channels. All the channels in a bouquet use the same encoding format.

The only exception is that in analog channels, you only get 1 channel on 1 transponder. So there is no need for the "bouquet" concept.

Now, the yellow (free) DCII channels are called fixed key channels. They can be viewed for free by any "activated" 4DTV receiver. It means you must be subscribing to some 4DTV service now, or has subscribed to such a service in the past.

Now, since these bouquet are Mexican bouquets, I don't know whether an American activated 4DTV receiver can pick them up. From what I've heard, Canadian activated DCII receivers (Starchoice) can't pickup fixed key American DCII channels.

rangers00 said:
Now, since these bouquet are Mexican bouquets, I don't know whether an American activated 4DTV receiver can pick them up. From what I've heard, Canadian activated DCII receivers (Starchoice) can't pickup fixed key American DCII channels.

Yes they can....

Al

OK, thanks for all your help. I think I got something new today. Just when I think I am done more and more info. I have not stopped reading for 3 weeks. I am on this site reading and reading and reading... This is a nice hobby.

Rangers00

So if I buy a 4dtv box new, it will not work then.

BUT if I buy a box on ebay that was subed in the past but not now, then it will work, right?

What if I buy a new 4dtv and sub a la carte for a month for a channel. Then I cancel. THat will make the 4dtv box subed. Will it work then me to get those mexican channels?

rangers00 said:
Now, since these bouquet are Mexican bouquets, I don't know whether an American activated 4DTV receiver can pick them up.

The channels you want aren't mapped for the counsumer (920/921/922/905) 4dtv units. So, even if you had one, you wouldn't be able to receive them.

From what I've heard, Canadian activated DCII receivers (Starchoice) can't pickup fixed key American DCII channels.

Only the Starchoice 921 will work to receive DC2/FTA. None of their other units will work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.