satpro manhattan rs1933

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tom hoffa

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
utica, ny
hello,
(i think i have the correct forum to ask this?)

i am a newbie, and i am interested in a FTA system.
i live in central new york and have small beans to throw on a system.
i only have a standard television with digital converter box.

my question is this.
i am interested in satpro system.

"FTA HD Satellite System Manhattan RS-1933 Receiver LNB Dish Meter"

will this system hook up to my cheap standard tv? (for i have no HDMI on my tv?)
a email to/from satpro claim that it will NOT i must have a HDMI?
when i google for a manual for the rs1933, the manual under connecting: claims that it will?
will it or will it not work on a standard TV??
thank you any help would be greatly appreciated

Yes, Using composite video (Yellow=Video, Red=Right Audio & White= Left Audio) RCA cables.....

Yes, Using composite video (Yellow=Video, Red=Right Audio & White= Left Audio) RCA cables.....

ok, my TV only has one single coax on it for signal but, do/can i hook it up to the digital converter box that has the three rca plugs red white and yellow?

The Manhattan RS-1933 has three types of outputs:
1) HDMI for high definition audio/video
2) Triple component video for HD video
3) yellow-red-white RCA connections for analog video and stereo audio

Your digital TV converter box will not be helpful in this situation, unless the three RCA plugs
are for INPUTS from another device into the converter. I have yet to see one in that configuration, as RCAs are
normally used for outputting from the converter to a TV monitor.

If you are using a channel 3/4 output from the converter directly to your television, and want to hook up a device
such as the Manhattan RS-1933, you would be advised to get an outboard TV modulator that accepts the 3 RCA connections from the Manhattan receiver's output and gives you an output on a TV channel.

IF your converter has a pass-through RF Input, you could take the coax output of the new modulator and connect it directly to same pass-through RF input on the converter. Otherwise you will need a manual A/B switch in between these two TV channel sources (new modulator as well as TV converter output), and the coax input to your TV.

An option to consider, since the Manhattan RS-1933 has two different methods of sending out HD signals, is to consider getting a new HD television. I saw a 32-inch Samsung Smart TV the other day, and they are under 250 dollars. This would give you a much better picture and more fully demonstrate the capabilities of the Manhattan RS-1933.

Still another suggestion is to go to our website at www.global-cm.net and study the information that we provide on the Manhattan. We are the only retailer of the Manhattan that also makes available a preprogrammed memory that already has all satellites, transponders and TV/radio channels already loaded into the receiver. This makes for quick work when you install the system, and not having to spend countless hours scanning each satellite.

ok.
i have a "philips RF modulator model# sws2102w/17", that i use for my DVD player. (wal-mart special)?
will this work?
i have to manually unhook and hook back up but otherwise no problem.
(i rarely watch DVDs.)
so...i dont use my digi converter box at all?
if this is ok than all looks to be go on a order!?
(a new tv i could wait till next year if everything goes right.)
i watch only like PBS stations and documentaries and history stuff and some retro and some sports.
sitcoms i never watch. movies are a rarity.
i think this would be interesting to me.

thank you

:up That will work. Use the red white(audio) an yellow (video) outputs to the phillips modulator.

PBS stations and documentaries and history stuff
125w, 95w and 97w, &
retro- 103w, should be right up your 'alley'.
Think you're going to need a motor to move the dish from sat to sat..
i have to manually unhook and hook back up but otherwise no problem.
Get an A-B switch

i have a A-B switch still new in the blister pack but never used it.
its some wheres in my closet, attic, or hobby desk some wheres, one of those things.
and far as trees, yes i am worried about some trees.
a grave yard with trees directly across the street but, they do set away back in, and 2 trees to the left of the front door facing south.
the trees are across the street about 2-4 houses east (i am facing almost directly south)
direct-tv and dish all have there satellites on the front of the houses on my side and across the street most are on the back of them houses or on the roof.
they have them mounted on roofs and some as low as the porch!?

my idea is to mount mine almost to the peak of the house in front of my attic window, then i can open the attic window and reach out and adjust the dish.

if these satellites are north of me, i can mount onto my back upper balcony (i haven't a rear attic window) for now.
the best way is with a roof top (peak of the roof) with motorized dish? (maybe in the future)

I will venture to say there's probably only a very small percentage of FTA dishes mounted high. Why? Because you will need to easy access to tweak the aim. Motorized, even less. I venture 99.9% are on a pole within easy reach with a step ladder, with most on a pole sunk in the ground.
Go to dishpointer.com and check your location to various satellites. There's an obstacle tool. place the obstacle mark on the potential obstacle and it outputs the height of which will interfere.
I just have a feeling there's somewhere to place the dish that's not having you to hang out a window.
Sub dishes all on the south? LAZY installers.

Is everyone here saying this reciever doesn't have a SAT out F connecter to connect to the coax input to the tv?

Almost all HD satellite receivers nowadays don't have an RF modulator anymore as it is considered as an obsolete connection method. If your older TV does not have at least one available composite input, you will need to purchase an external RF modulator.

Correct. I don't know of any modern (dvb-s2) receiver that has a sat out f connector anymore. Usually just hdmi and composite video. A few still offer component but that is getting harder and harder to find.

I won't buy one without component, so probably will not be shopping for new receivers much longer.

PBS stations and documentaries and history stuff
125w, 95w and 97w, &
retro- 103w, should be right up your 'alley'.
Think you're going to need a motor to move the dish from sat to sat..
Get an A-B switch

thanks for the satellite finder page.
close call think i will hit on 125w and 103w fine.
93 and 95w worry me some with the 2 tall pine trees in the grave yard.
directtv and dish must be hitting their satellites from my side and across the street.
think i will be ok and think its worth a try.
and..if i mount on a pole or low on my house, chances are in this city it will be gone in a short time.
no problem opening my attic window and adjusting the dish at all. i need a 40 foot ladder to reach the window.
i am shuffling some funds and should be ready to order by next week.
so give me some time to get the equipment and i will surely need good advise again.
one step at a time and i will be patient i suppose.
thank you so far.
i more thing?
are satellites north of utica ny?

will the rs-1933 definitely work on my standard tv with a RF modulator?
and i will get the menu and see the stations?
i realize i wont see anything in HD or anything fancy like.
the reason i asked again to verify is because satpro doesn't seem to know.
there answer now is that they directed me straight to the manhattan site and claim "we don't know because we never tried this".
has anybody tried this?
i also assume satellites that display red and a negative angle on the satellite map are down below the horizon and i will not be able to pick them up?
thank you again.

Tom;
In Post # 5 Mike Kohl states:
3) yellow-red-white RCA connections for analog video and stereo audio

you would be advised to get an outboard TV modulator that accepts the 3 RCA connections from the Manhattan receiver's output and gives you an output on a TV channel.

Mike Kohl does know about the Manhattan and since he has said as above, I am sure that you can use the Manhattan this way. If you want further confirmation, try an email to Mike at globalcm@mhtc.net
. You will receive the pictures on your TV, menus and all, with the sound, in mono, not stereo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts