Sats 61.5 110, 119, 148 and Swtiches

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
I have a dish 500 pointed at 110 and 119, a dish 300 pointed at 61.5. Tomorrow I will be, hopefully, beaming in 148 for my locals. I already have a DP 21 switch. What will I need for a switch so I can successfully tie the 148 into the mix.

Does the DP Dual LNB allow the 148 to work through it, or will I need a 34 switch as well?

I am only hooked up to one receiver for now, but within the next couple of weeks I will prob. have an upstairs 811 receiver too.

:cool:
Spike

A DP44 would do all of them, otherwise a DP34 and a DP21 for each output coming off the DP34 (1 for each tuner) shall do it :)

Interesting to get locals on both sides hehe.

Spike said:
Does the DP Dual LNB allow the 148 to work through it, or will I need a 34 switch as well?
Not quite sure what you're meaning to ask here. A DP Dual has 2 outputs from 1 satellite - it can only be connected to a DP switch or directly to a DP receiver. If you're referring to the DP Plus Twin which has a satellite input, it can be used for no more than 3 sats, also it is not compatible with the DP21 as the input obviates the need for an extra switch.

Either solution suggested by OoTLink will work though the single switch solution is a DPP44 (there is no "DP44").

I tried that DP34 and DP 21 combination and was unsuccessful with a 501. I tried another receiver, and it was worse. It would work for a while, then it would power itself off.
According to E*'s ATR, that is not supposed to work.

The way the Satellite Tech would do:
You need a DishPro "PLUS" LNB (Has 3 ports, 2 side by side outputting 119 - 110 combined on both ports and a solo third port used to tie in the third feed in your case 61.5 from the second dish) 61.5 should be linked back to the third port on the DishPro PLUS LNB from the second dish using a single Dual LNB.

or

Using only a DP34 Switch, tie the 119 feed into port one, 110 into port 2 and the last feed from a single dual LNB on the 61.5 dish into port 3 of the 34 switch.

If ethier of these 2 combination do not work then you probably have a legacy receiver that requires an additional DishPro adapter placed on the satellite in port behind your receiver. :)

Your model number on your receiver will let you know if its a legacy or DP receiver... DP model numbers are 3 numbers like 301, 311, 322 etc and legacy are 4 digits like 7200

Dang bubba, just reread your post and your trying for a 4th satellite location? Can be done with 3 Dishes(20" and 2 18"), a DP44 or 34 switch, DP twin LNB(for 110-119 single port combo output), and 2 single dual LNB's on the other 2 dishes tieing into 3 satellite input ports of the 44 or 34 switch. You can also use your DPPlus LNB in the place of a DP twin if thats what you have.

This setup doesn't work with 105 and 121 super dishes without a 44 switch

If you ever want a 5th satellite location you need the 44 switch

Note: you will only be using one port off of each LNB and if your using a DPPlus be sure not to use the lonley 3rd port ;D

THE END :cool:

Tekken said:
... the third port on the DishPro PLUS LNB from the second dish ...
There is no "PLUS" version of an LNB. An LNB receives the signal from one satellite and sends it to a switch or directly to a receiver. Plus refers to abilities of the dual tuner receivers and DPP switches. You are describing the DishPro Plus Twin, often referred to as DPP Twin.

Lets be real, If you can't figure out what LNB is in refference when using "PLUS" and "LNB" together guys, please step away from the dish :shocked
Call: 1-888-ADD-DISH

Here is what I have. Pointing at the 110 and 119 satellites is a dish 500 with DP Twin LNB on the end of it. I have a dish 300 dish pointing at 61.5 with a DP LNB on the end of that one. Then I have a DP-21 Switch. My receiver is a Dish Pro 811.

Thanks for all of the help guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)