sattelite reception

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moleman

Original poster
May 19, 2008
I live along the new jersey shore and was wundering which fta sattelites I can get with a 30" dish. I picked up Galaxy 11, but am having trouble with galaxy 25 and galaxy 10r. Is my dish to small? Thanks for any input.

I live along the new jersey shore and was wundering which fta sattelites I can get with a 30" dish. I picked up Galaxy 11, but am having trouble with galaxy 25 and galaxy 10r. Is my dish to small? Thanks for any input.

I think the dish is about bare minimum. I don't think I ever found much on G11 personally, but on a nice day your dish should get G18, G25.

What LNBF and settings are you using?

I am usingan Invacom circular/linear quad lnbf. freq. set to 10750. have it set to single. as the dish passes those sattelites the signal strength gets to about 90. but the quality never increases. have tried changing the cables thinking there was a short. The dish is set right on the clarke belt because other sattelites have a signal strength of 95 and quality of 92.

Are you scanning when you seem to get a peak on signal strength? I seldom get an increase in signal stength, but if I have a "strong tranpoinder" selected (see threads) I often will get an increase in Q then a blind scan will find a bunch of channels.
POP

Are you connected to an "L" port or a "C" port on the Invacom? The L is for Linear satellites and the C is for Circular satellites. The sats you mention, are Linear sats, however there is a Circular sat at 91 degrees, where G11 is located. It's one of the Nimiq satellites, but you shouldn't get anything from it if you're set for 10750 on the L.O. frequency?
If you are using a Diseqc Switch, be sure you have the receiver set for the correct port number, for L and for C?

Edit: should have read entire thread before responding, I see my responce is moot, after reading your post #3. Sorry about that, just ignore this......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)