Satwords 3668 'freezing up' on certain days

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Russ in south Georgia

Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
I have been tinkering with FTA Tv (Coship & Satworks 3618 & 3668) receivers for over a year. I daily check this site and enjoy all the postings and have learned so much from them. Trees in the back yard limit what I can receive, but I have enjoyed the FTA offerings. I usually don't post but am frustrated with the Satworks 3668 since for the past few months it has been freezing up on me. Some days it does, some days it does not. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it going again, and this could keep on every 5 minutes or maybe every 15 minutes. On some days, the problem does not happen at all. I have Ku and C band signals coming in, and the C band is NOT affected at all. I have 4 LNBs connected to the receiver, and G10R and AMC4 give this problem, while IA6 and C band AMC1 do not go out. Is there an easy fix to this or could it be a defect in the Satworks receiver or software...any tips appreciated.

Hello Nice to have you here at SatelliteGuys. US FTA forum!

If the C-band signals are OK then maybe check the cables and connections from the KU side. If you are using a switch then maybe time to try a replacement!

I second what psb has to say and add that you might want to consider doing a factory restore.

welcome :wave

it might be the switch...I've had some burn out on me (or freeze out during the cold MN winter) :)

The 3618 does that once in a while. Does it most when I lock onto, I guess it would be a an HD feed. The screen is green and white like it's scrambled. The CBS Ku feeds on IA6(T6) used to cause it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)