Save Money Eating out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a bunch here, and a lot of them are resturnats we eat at often. I purchased 3 - $25 gift certificates for only $30 for all 3.

Scott Greczkowski said:
We got a bunch here, and a lot of them are resturnats we eat at often. I purchased 3 - $25 gift certificates for only $30 for all 3.
I have seen deals where the certificates were HALF PRICE TOO!!!!!!
It REALLY makes ME MISS L. A., where I used to live, more since there are TONS of the selected places there. I live 90 miles from Atlanta and sometimes I go there with the certificates.

BryanSR

I dunno about that site. Make sure you read the fine print.

$25 - "Valid for 4 Dinner Menu Entrees or more only. Not valid for lunch or early dinner menus."

$25 - "Valid Mon through Thurs. Minimum food purchase of $40. NOT valid with specials and on holidays."

$25 - "Present prior to ordering. Valid for parties of 4+. Valid Sun-Thurs. Dinner ONLY. No Holidays."

$25 - "This location only. Valid after 5:00pm with a minimum purchase of $40. "

I didn't find one in there where me and my wife could go on a weekend and use it without spending more $$$ than we normally would.

I would highly recommend the entertainment book instead (entertainment.com). They're around $30, and have a lot of 2 for 1 offers. Some have Fri/Sat limitations on them, tho so you need to read the fine print on those as well.

-John

For our family the restrictions that some of theplaces have are fine, as we normally go there at those times and spend more money then that anyways. :D

Some of the places are probably more expensive where they are offering the coupons which means you may end up paying just as much or less at cheaper places to go out to eat. On the other hand people do get tired of eating at the same place all of the time and it is nice to eat out at a finer restaurant every once in a while. There's none in my area but I am not that close to a big city or anything. It would be good if someone was travelling and could find the restaurants.

Ive never heard of any of the places around me, maybe ill check them out.

It's really hard to get a deal on restaurants these days. We used to buy the Entertainment guide but around here, the last year I bought one, only half the restaurants in it honored the coupons. We would go and the game for the year was, "Oh, we're sorry but we are under new management and we no longer accept Entertainment Guide coupons." My wife would keep score in the book and it just got to be too frustrating. That was one game, the other was where you saw the sign at the reception station, so we comply and place the EG coupon or card on the table when seated. This is a flag for the waiter to make everything a la carte menu as opposed to dinners with... IT really began to pixx me off even though at 50% still valid coupons the EG was still a good deal. I just got tired of the sub standard treatment and getting the "we're sorry" routine by surprise when we went there.

Another favorite trick was the 2 for 1 which was common but that was only for the main entree and your vegies, salad, coffee and apetizer were all addons plus several 2-1 restaurants would auto add 18% tip.

Besides- I just saw the movie " Waiting" and once you see this movie, you'll never want to eat out again if you have a choice.

I can't say I have ever had that experience. Occasionally, a few restaurants will not honor the coupons, but we just call ahead first to make sure. No big deal really. This year I've only had that trouble twice. Printing the coupons from entertainment.com is another story. I would say 75% of the time that I use a printed coupon, they have never seen it before! But most of the time they honor it anyway.

-John

(found at hotdealsclub.com)

Coupon code for restaurant.com
60% off of dining certificates, code: 91971

With the coupon code, you can get some good deals on gift certificates for local restaurants.

* $10 certificate for $1.20
* $25 certificate for $4

Be sure to read the restrictions on each available certificate. Most of them are only valid on food, and may require 4 people to be at your table. Some may require other purchases. Check the requirements and fine-print of each certificate before you purchase.

If you have any problems redeeming a gift certificate at the restaurant, call Restaurant.com for a full refund.​

14 in my area, but all say "sorry, sold out."

Pils said:
14 in my area, but all say "sorry, sold out."

Try again Today, they have limited numbers of the certificates each month, so the earlier in the month you try, the more successful you could be :)

Prize Goddess said:
Try again Today, they have limited numbers of the certificates each month, so the earlier in the month you try, the more successful you could be :)

Damn, good call. Just about all are valid now, thanks PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts