Saving Timers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
I'm getting a replacement 722 due to problems with L670. Is there a way to save my timers other that having that new dish remote? I have a bunch of timers. Is there a way to use Dish Online or Dish Remote Access? I really don't wanna punch them in all from scratch when I activate the new receiver and deactivate the old one.

I'm getting a replacement 722 due to problems with L670. Is there a way to save my timers other that having that new dish remote? I have a bunch of timers. Is there a way to use Dish Online or Dish Remote Access? I really don't wanna punch them in all from scratch when I activate the new receiver and deactivate the old one.

Nope. And "that new dish remote' only serves to save timers and settings when used with a 722k.

Get your digital camera out and take photos of the screen while displaying your timers.

Yep. The digital camera will save at least some of the pain. And think of the effort you put in as a gift to your wife.

Yep. The digital camera will save at least some of the pain. And think of the effort you put in as a gift to your wife.

Hahahaha, that was a good one!:up

I thought there was an option on the regular 722 a while back where you could save the timers to that "new" remote. i even remember Scott posting this feature. You had to go to system menu and then there was a trick to show another screen with the instructions. I remember seeing this and doing. just couldn't actually execute it without the "new" remotes that just came out. I cannot replicate how to get there anymore.

Besides I wish Dish Remote Access or Dish Online would have such an option. There's probably a lot of people replacing receivers out there, and they all have to go through this.

I thought there was an option on the regular 722 a while back where you could save the timers to that "new" remote. i even remember Scott posting this feature. ...
I'll try again. "Nope. And "that new dish remote" only serves to save timers and settings when used with a 722k."

Besides I wish Dish Remote Access or Dish Online would have such an option. There's probably a lot of people replacing receivers out there, and they all have to go through this.
Timers are available through the remote access option but no simple way to "export" them or save them. Copy and paste from there is likely cleaner than taking pictures...

I just write them down on paper or type them into notepad on the laptop. Last time I tried to add them through the online, but half of them were corrupt. ( supposed to keep 5, but kept 1 kind of thing)

I thought the 922 initially came with a fancy remote that everyone hated .... and it now gets the same remote as the 722k (??).

I said, "They've taken care of it with the 722k. I don't know about the 922."

How could you possibly reach the conclusion that the 922 comes with the same remote as the 722k? lol :rolleyes:

Yes, Dish Remote Access. That would be a great feature. Well i tried to get my timers back, but some i couldn't replicate, as some are out of season stuff. Was nice that I didn't have to do anything when the seasonal stuff started again half a year later or so. Now I have to watch out not to miss it when it starts again. I got most of them back, partially using Dish Remote Access and partially doing it on the receiver. That showed another thing missing from the options on Dish Remote access: It has no option to set the timer to my groups. That can only be done on the receiver itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)