Saw My First 4ktv Today

No thanks until the price drops considerably and we need to replace a TV. Unless Directv and DISH either launch more satellites or merge somehow I doubt you will see 4K material from either company. If you do it will be highly compressed like HD is now.

Tell me about it. ESPN looks plain bad in HD on Dish (college football).

I was watching football at a local bar yesterday, 80" sharp and local CBS HD on Comcast. Horrid!!!

Part of it is our local CBS has 3 subchannels and looks bad. More of my point was with these compressed HD crap channels we are seeing more and more of, I dont need a bigger screen for HDTV. This is why Im recording OTA on the new TiVo and downloading HD TV shows for cable networks. You'd not believe how good something like Sons of Anarchy, Covert Affairs, Copper, etc... look in that format vs Dish HD.

I see 4K as something of high importance when getting into a future projector.

My next FP will be 4K. That's for sure!
Most likely it will be Epson! ;)

Samsung can "update" or "evolve" their current TVs, but I doubt it will be very attractive, or as good as a new TV with features built in originally.

Still, a minor point. For the vast majority of people, UHD really offers nothing- except for 3D. We'll see how that goes. Of course, as noted before, some people will buy higher numbers just for bragging rights.

Samsung can "update" or "evolve" their current TVs, but I doubt it will be very attractive, or as good as a new TV with features built in originally.

Still, a minor point. For the vast majority of people, UHD really offers nothing- except for 3D. We'll see how that goes. Of course, as noted before, some people will buy higher numbers just for bragging rights.
And still have it connected wrong where they are only getting SD ... :)

When I do buy 4k they will need to be a lot cheaper and will need to see how these upscale broadcast HDTV.
Prices are falling now. Will fall even more when second tier brands hit the market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)