Say good bye (Or maybe HELLO) to EBRU

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Well, i like watching EBRU in the morning.. There is a banner on the page saying its going good-bye december 31st and must watch on Digii.tv or ROKU

Darnit!

Big loss for ku only users. Last winter, when we only had a motorized KU setup, we watched a lot of Ebru. Not as often since I put the motorized c band up this spring but will still miss it.:(

Last edited:
I have been watching it since 2006, and have seen it grow into one of the premium channels on FTA. Since I am in Canada, none of the options listed for continued viewing are available to me. Shall be greatly missed. Went to their contact page on their website and said basically the same thing.

Hey, i watch Restaurant Makeover almost every morning on it, and i have Cband. I cannot remember the name of the show, but i also enjoy the guy that goes from country to country touring around. Its re-dubbed English, but i enjoy it.

I just turned the TV on a few minutes ago and saw this, blah! Hate to see them go, gonna leave a message via the link that Brian posted.

I also sent a message.

Some of us dont have high speed internet to be able to watch Ebru on ROKU. My internet is over the air and it is NOT quite fast enough to maintain a stream.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Message sent.

Let's hope that enough people take the time to make them rethink their position. From the names listed to view them on, it may of not been their decision.

What I want to know is, what the heck is with everybody going to proprietary services? I mean, if they want to go to Internet delivery, fine (my internet sucks, but at least it's an SD channel!), but why not a website where anyone could watch them on anything, rather than a service like Roku where you have to pay for the hardware? (I already have, let's see... three operational computers, another three computers in storage, two tablets, and an Android FTA box. Not going to spend anymore money on video hardware, or take up any more space around the TV or inputs on my AV receiver...)

I already asked this question some years ago of another channel I watched occasionally, MHz Worldview, but I got no reply -- not that I actually expected one, because I'm cynical and I assume that if someone doesn't do the right thing the first time, there's some deep-seated reason why and pointing it out to them isn't going to change it.

Would you like to bet money that there's FAR more people that own Roku's, then there are FTA satellite watchers?

I'm sure that's true, so doesn't cost them a thing. A Roku costs less than a fta receiver and dish system, and takes all of 5 minutes to plug in and get working.

Would you like to bet money that there's FAR more people that own Roku's, then there are FTA satellite watchers?

I'm sure that's true, so doesn't cost them a thing. A Roku costs less than a fta receiver and dish system, and takes all of 5 minutes to plug in and get working.

Someone pays for bandwidth.

On satellite, more viewers = lower cost per viewer for the broadcaster. With IP delivery, the more viewers, the higher the cost per viewer for the broadcaster. If a broadcaster understands their demographic to be adequately served by broadband and limited viewership, then IP delivery makes sense.

On my message I indicated that extended family loves Ebru programming, but they do not have broadband availability. This indicates to the broadcaster that they will be losing viewers!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts