Say What?

Not that my opinion matters, but I do not understand this. Dish Network has good equipment and I get good results picture quality and audio quality wise. They have a few channels Cox does not have. It must be the economy or that they are giving the customer too much. Used to be that if you wanted to be a satellite customer you had to want to be a satellite customer. You did not rent your equipment, you bought it and then paid to use it and you were really happy to do so. People just do not make commitments anymore. The multiple versions of the premiums are nice, but I believe Dish has squandered the relationship with the people that distribute HD versions of IFC, AMC, and other such desireable programming. When is there going to be a service like the old Dish Network that thinks about their subscribers? Do not get me wrong as it is Dish Network is greater in many ways than the competition, I just think they could be better. I know I am just rambling, but I do not see much improvement for Dish until Dish addresses some of these issues. Oh yeah I am in total agreement with you about the piracy thing. I do not know that much about the technology involved and I am sure it is going on but I see the afore mentioned items as the problem. Tivo is a great product and a great company and I do not think they can be blamed for Dish's problems. The rest of this stuff I do not know anything about but I really like Dish for the choice they provide and the outstandig technology they offer. Just my one cents worth.

Maybe I am posting in the wrong thread and sorry for being so negative, but after thinking about my thoughts on Dish, I do not think Dish will never change. I must be wishing Dish still had HD programming that is long gone. I am not sure which article this thread is about. I probably read the wrong one.

Good article, but this is the part I disagree with.
"Last week we saw Echostar’s amazing ViP 922 Slingloaded HD DVR introduced at CES, could you imagine how amazing it would be if you took the 922 and added Tivo technology to it? That would be the killer of all DVR’s out there!"

No! As riffjim4069 said in another thread, putting tivo software in a 922 would be "akin to placing a Ford Pinto engine into a Ferrari." Or I'd say it's like taking a Dual Core powered PC and running Windows 3.1 on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts