SBC / DISH Product Brochure

SBC/Dishnetwork

Scott Greczkowski said:
Call 1-866-999-6181 and press Option 1 (More information about SBC / DISH Network) they will make you an offer for a Discount on your monthly Dish Network Bill if you agree to subscribe to SBC Yahoo DSL service.

Just called them (I live in CT and already have SBC DSL, plus the 180 package with Dish with the 811/522 combo) and they said that this special offer is only valid to new customers, although they might extend later to previous SBC/Dish customers.

At least I tried!

waja said:
This seems to be an offer that is meant for apartment complexes. So I would guess that one of the pluses here is that you will not need to worry about having a Southern facing balcony and setting up a dish. Is SBC providing the satellite feed through the telecom cable?
I doubt that, but it would be cool if they did that... My guess is that you would need a dish hooked up, and the reason you get the discount is for the Dish/phone/DSL "package".

aperry said:
I doubt that, but it would be cool if they did that... My guess is that you would need a dish hooked up, and the reason you get the discount is for the Dish/phone/DSL "package".

Here is the ABOUT US info from the www.sbche.com website:

About Us

As one of SBC's newer subsidiaries, Southwestern Bell Video Services, Inc. (SBVS) has been bringing quality television entertainment to customers since 1995. SBVS, under the brand name SBC Home EntertainmentSM (SBCHE), provides an array of television programming options for apartment communities in selected cities in Texas, California, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. In 2004, SBCHE will be expanding into Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Michigan. Go to the SBCHE Communities page on our website to see what cities and properties are already enjoying the best in satellite programming.

After initially serving a small group of single family homes in Richardson, Texas, the decision was made in 1997 to market exclusively to apartment homes to support the efforts of SBC SmartMoves®. SmartMoves® is an SBC telecommunications program that provides one-stop shopping for high-speed Internet, telephone, and the best in satellite programming to apartment owners and selected single-family units.

SBC is proud to partner with the two largest satellite providers in the nation.

Partnerships were formed with DIRECTV® in 1998 and with SBC | DISH Network in 2003. With the best of the best, SBCHE delivers satellite programming to thousands of customers in approximately 74 cities. From a basic analog package to the top of the line in digital satellite programming, residents of select apartment communities can enjoy sports, news and entertainment programming without having to purchase and maintain a satellite dish.

SBC Home EntertainmentSM is dedicated to delivering value through quality entertainment and information one customer at a time.

March 4th...

I called and was told they are not allowed to discuss details on this promo until March 4th. I was told you needed SBC's unlimited calling plan or their long distance service to get a discount on your Dish network service.

The plot thickens! :)

I think I live in a future complex in Michigan

Ok, let me speculate on how this will work. I'm guessing that this service will be offered in apartment complexes like mine that have their own C-band satellite/cable tv system. We will never have cable modems or digital cable. My complex was screaming at the top of their lungs for DSL for years until SBC(SAME B*LL CR*P, I've got a copyright on that :) )finally heard our plight and realized how brainless they were by deploying DSL to surrounding complexes that had cable modems. Now on the front lawn of apartment office it has small signs saying "Powered by SBC DSL". SBC finally realized that they were ignoring a gold mine by not deploying DSL here regardless of cost or distance. Clearly, they make up in marketshare(100%) what they lose in extra costs. I'm guessing my complex will be home to this soon as a way to get digital TV to all of their units. This is not a program meant for the masses.

Just my speculation though.

I just called SBC in Connecticut again. The discount is only for new subscribers using SBC as their long distance carrier. THERE ARE NO DISCOUNTS FOR EXISTING DISH CUSTOMERS. If you already have Dish it can not be added on to your SBC billing.

If you only have a basic phone service plan without long distance there is no discount.

If you have one of their "Phone Solutions" packages you get a $4.00 to $6.00 discount.

This discount does not effect any other discount. Also for DSL it is $34.99 without a "Phone Solutions" plan and $29.99 with the plan.

The CSR said their agreement with Dish is new customers only.

Doubt SBC can recoup their .5 BILLION dollar investment

SBC paid E* $500,000,000 dollars to retail their programming as a bundled package so SBC could more effectively compete again multipackage offerings from cable companies. At these prices and conditions, I thinks it's time for me to dump my SBC stock. I cannot even get in on the bundled DSL deal because SBC still has not upgraded the Remote Terminal (RT) that serves my subdivision. Under Project Pronto (now universally known as Project Lento) SBC was suppose to upgrade RTs starting circa 1999 and complete it within a couple of years. That never happened. With their recent move to purchase AT&T Wireless (which appears to be heading for regulatory approval), it's doubtful they will have the cash flow to install and upgrade RTs to provide DSL for the millions of customers more that roughly 15K ft from the Central Office. I think they have a real Foxtrot Uniform business model. Charlie no doubt is laughing all the way to the bank! Just more unkept promises from the Sorriest Bell Company. :mad:

My home town of 9000 people just got DSL. So they are still upgrading CO's at least. I got a schedule from ASI. I will attach it to this post and you can look at it and see if your area is on the list to be deployed or upgraded.

Attachments

• ASISouthwestregionCOreport117031.zip
    230.4 KB · Views: 123
We are already offering E* in Cali...

I work for SBC's marketing/cust service division in California, and we were offering Dish as of 02-26-04. I read these forums frequently, but have not posted any info on the Dish offer until now because it was not set in stone yet. The offer is for new Dish subscribers only, the discount is 4.00 off if you get top 120 or higher, and have SBC Long Distance. The receivers are 311, 522, or 811 if you subscribe to the HD pack. The service is month-month, with no contract. You lease the receiver from SBC, and the cost of the first receiver is included for the cost of your service, any additional receivers are 5.00 each. All billing is done on your SBC bill, and SBC handles billing calls and all further programming changes. While I'm not the biggest SBC fan out there, and having even more products to flog to customers is not fun, this is not a bad deal for people coming to Dish, especially if they need an HD receiver. Oh, and the installations will be done by the existing installers.

red hazard said:
Under Project Pronto (now universally known as Project Lento) SBC was suppose to upgrade RTs starting circa 1999 and complete it within a couple of years.

It's actually called Project Slowmo :)

justalurker said:
ALL it is is SBC offering cable service to selected communities. You get locals from SBC for $9.99. You get E* or D* programming via that CATV like cable. Simple Eh?

JL
Well in my apartment complex locals are free, that includeds CBC Windsor 9(and TV Ontario), but we aren't and SBCHE complex YET. I'm sure our apartment owners are trying to become one though. They already have "Powered by SBC DSL" signs on their lawn. They don't yet have digital cable and are getting burned by not.

From today's edition of the DSLPRIME newsletter:

SBC is about to unveil a campaign to resell satellite video, with a marketing budget so high they've told wall street to drop profit forecasts. I'll be reporting some remarkable ways to combine satellite video and DSL. Preloading the twenty popular movies to the home gateway with hard drive is one. But simply marketing a bundle isn't enough.

For what it's worth.

But they aren't really bundling it. They are just reselling it to non-existing customers. That isn't a bundle. A bundle is when you can combine services you don't have or already have onto 1 bill for savings. This is nothing more than a sales promotion for SBC to get more new DishNetwork activation commissions. They will give the new customers that they activate a discount off of their SBC bill.

IF you are already a dish network customer AND a sbc dsl customer, can you get the available discount????

No according the the SBC people I have been talking to the discount is only for new Dish Network customers at this time.

Of course the SBC people I have been talking to have not been telling me everything since I guess they can't say anything officially until March 4th.

shucks!!!!screwed again under the "valued customer" curse....

i'm beginning to asee the wisdom of switching from E* to DTV to Cable and back again every few months...lol

This would be like saying that you already had call-waiting that you couldn't get the economy solutions package savings if you add caller-id. It would be saying that only customers who didn't have any of the economy solutions package items could get the economy solutions package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)