Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Don't know if this posted while I was away in the Bahamas.

But this is VERY interesting...

Here's what SBC's say's about the future of those SBC/E* customers:

"When asked about potential competition with EchoStar, Whitacre said that EchoStar would provide some of the programming to SBC's own video services, and that as part of their resell agreement SBC had control of the DISH network subscriptions that it sold.

"That's our customer we get on DISH," Whitacre said. "It is our plan to migrate that over time to the terrestrial network."

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=internetNews&storyID=6431404

I wonder what Charlie thinks about that?

Well Charlie accepted $500,000,000 from SBC to allow them to set up their own operation. Now if SBC's unions would only organize their "installers" it will be back to life as usual with the phone co.

Here in Connecticut this Non Union Dish Network installers for SBC install is going to be a problem, I was contacted by the states attorney general office a few weeks ago.

DNS also may be having some upcoming problems in the state of CT as their installers at not licenced by the state.

I see some rough waters ahead.

I think we missed one key point here...

You were in the Bahamas?!

Where is the pouting smilie?

The difference is that SBC charges less than Dish. (If you bundle it with other packages.) Also, SBC apparently has plans to offer an alternative TV service. (That's what this is all about.)

Didn't Pegasus charge more, and offer no value of its own? (Less value, from what I've read.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts