SC 500 series code updates

Satellite Expert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2004
As you know the DSR 500, 505 and 530 are all running different code. SC plans on unifying the code in 2006.

The first step is to get the bugs out of the 530. When this is done, it will be used on the 500/505 receivers as well.

For the last few nights, 100 DSR530 receivers/night have been loaded with the new "BC" code. First feedback is very encouraging. All the major bugs are gone. As a result, SC has dropped the price of the 530 by $100 to $599.

505s are next on the list for update. It will fix the 2 known issues - that annoying "Not Subscribed" popup that some are seeing on some subscribed channels - and the macroblocking on some HD channels during fast action scenes. It turns out this was not a compression issue as it was only seen on some 505 receivers. The erroneous code has been identified.

After all the 5XX receivers are updated; SC will concentrate on adding features such as dual recording to the 530.

They are looking for a work around for the Legacy series IPG memory overflow. When SC added channels this year, the amount of data in the 7 day guide caused the "No Info" IPG on Legacy receivers. That's why the guide is only 3 days today on all receivers.

W00t.. I hate that "not subscribed" message.. and if they drop the price of the 530 another $100.. I will finally pick one up :)

How about a 12 hour clock display on the 500?

I've found mine to be generally pretty reliable with the current software, though I still get the rare system lock-up.

Seriously looking at purchasing a 530 if the software indeed is fixed (and the price drops some).

My 505 has a 12-hr clock when it's in standby and 24-hour clock when turned on. I'd like to make them both 24-hr (just the opposite of bwaldron!)

I would prefer color-coded channels so I know what I'm subscribed to and what's not available to me....or even a "Subscribed channels" from the Interests page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)