SC 7 series receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Satellite Expert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2004
During 2007 SC will upgrade all receiver offerings to 7 series.

Featuring a new IPG and increased CPU power and memory to support soon to be launched interactive features, they will of course feature increased prices
317 - SD receiver with DD 5.1 - $149
207 - SD receiver $99 launching Feb 1
507 - HD with HDMI (instead of DVI) - launches when 505 supply exhausted
537 - HDDVR with HDMI + larger HDD - launching after next software update is stable

Sometime during the year, the new IPG will be downloaded to existing 505/505A/530 units.

The 500 has become an orphan (as it doesn't support MPEG4) and no further updates are planned for it.

530 units show "temporarily sold out" on SC web site... and it has shown this all of Jan/07.

I would guess there will not be any more until 537 is out? Likely the reason for the Dec/06 sale.

Any word on 537 pricing?

During 2007 SC will upgrade all receiver offerings to 7 series.

Featuring a new IPG and increased CPU power and memory to support soon to be launched interactive features, they will of course feature increased prices
317 - SD receiver with DD 5.1 - $149
207 - SD receiver $99 launching Feb 1
507 - HD with HDMI (instead of DVI) - launches when 505 supply exhausted
537 - HDDVR with HDMI + larger HDD - launching after next software update is stable

Sometime during the year, the new IPG will be downloaded to existing 505/505A/530 units.

The 500 has become an orphan (as it doesn't support MPEG4) and no further updates are planned for it.

What happens with the 405s?

The 405 was discontinued when the 315 was launched.

Anyone with a DSR500 can have it swapped for a 505 at anytime N/C. I have no news as to SC plans for 4XX/HDD20X owners when HD 8SPK is implemented.

As for the DSR530/537, SC has committed to Motorola to take all the remaining 505/530 chipsets. Some DSR530s are in production now. As for the remaining chipsets, I haven't heard which receivers will be built with them. They may swap the motherboards of 500s when they return and send them out as 505a to existing 500 owners. Or it may be cheaper just to use up all the chips to make new 505s.

Last edited:
Owners can swap 500 for 505? really?

What is best method for swap for those of us sitting south of the border?

(originally bought from Kusat...not sure double shipping charges would make it worth while but open to best solutions)

I have a 500 + a 505a. I'm in no rush to exchange my 500 as it hasn't had a reboot in over 6 months. The 500s won't need to be exchanged until SC changes to 8SPK HD. I guess they will have to be exchanged thru the dealer at that time.

I have a 500 + a 505a. I'm in no rush to exchange my 500 as it hasn't had a reboot in over 6 months. The 500s won't need to be exchanged until SC changes to 8SPK HD. I guess they will have to be exchanged thru the dealer at that time.

I'm with you. My 500 had some problems when it was "young," but has been very solid for months now. I'll wait until it's needed to have it exchanged.

Question is will the 537 be a real DVR and let you record two things at the same time while watching something already recorded?

Question is will the 537 be a real DVR

I talked to a SC CSR last night. The new unit started shipping to retailers on Jan 31. This version will still be called the 530 as it only has the original 160 GB hard drive. It ships with new version software to accommodate the new chipset. This is only interim until the new software version for 505/530 is released this spring.

still out of stock on SC web site.

Too bad about the HD size.

Either way, I guess I wait for another "$200" rebate since I missed Dec.

the new launch of 317 and 207 have the same capabilities of the 505 reciever...only downside is freezing frames may occur like the 505's.
505a's are modified. starchoice replaced the mother board with their own. they bought the hardware from some us company that went bankrupt. thats why the exterior looks different then the regular 505s. they also sell them cheaper like 50 bucks, just because of the exterior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)