SC 75E Dish broken

eletourneau

Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
My Star Choice 75E dish was damaged during shipping. Is there am equivalent american dish that I can use with Star Choice so that I don't have to ship back to Canada?

Contact sponser Sadoun. I met one of the owners in the parking lot of JCPenny outlet and asked him about a *C dish and he said he could do it.

if all you want is the main satellite, any 30" or larger dish will work just fine

If you need HD, then you need a different dish that will work with the 2 LNB's

you shoud be carefull when using a dif dish ,cause there 6 different v code (authorization code )send by s.c. those code can be see at option 6-4 line k networth data status eliptic ant (2 lnb) last 21 digit 77 mean stack
78 mean non stack or quad

round dish on f2 (french ) 65 non stack
66 stack

round dish on f1 (english ) 56 non stack
57 stack
if you got the wrong v code you not got all chanels
paragama

You can always use two 30cm dishes and a multiswitch, but thats a bit more complex then a normal 75E

what exactly is damaged with your dish?

I'm having the same problem. I'm in the Pacific Northwest. I have never been able to get the SC dish to work (tune in) I got 19 max when using the stock dish. It was missing the elevation adjustment and it is a hassle to get another, so I made one that I thought might work. Wrong. I have a 30" dish that easily tunes in Dishnetwork, but the LNB is different.

Can you set me straight on how to get a 30" dish to work, like what I would need. I have pretty good contact w/ SC and they know I am traveling in the US, so the other post concerning using a different dish shouldn't be an issue. Thanks

ultatryon said:
You can always use two 30cm dishes and a multiswitch, but thats a bit more complex then a normal 75E
what exactly is damaged with your dish?
The dish got broken (cracked in one side of the dish). I guess I will try to glue it back together.

I have a HD receiver, so I would like to be able to pick up both sats with a single dish.

Does anybody know if a need a switch (like on the Bell ExpressVu multi-sat dish)? Can I use the Bell switch if one is needed?

You do not need a switch. It is built in the LNB unit.

If you glue the reflector together it should work. You can always a strip of reinforcement (wood, metal, etc) on the rear of the reflector with an industrial-level glue such as Liquid Nails or Gorilla Glue. I repaired a metal outdoor street lamp with Gorilla Glue. But you must be patient and let it dry before adding additional coats of glue.

That should hold you long enough to get a replacement dish.

If you were to use two dishes, then you would need a "multiswitch" or a 22khz switch.

if you pick up two 30" dishes, and two STANDARD (L.O. 10750) LNBs (preferably dual outputs) Then connect either both outputs of both dishes to the 4 inputs of the multiswitch, or connect each dish to each side of a 22khz switch... (I do not remember which one connects to which, if it does not work right off the bat, then reverse the dish connections :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts