SC phoning HDD20X subs

Satellite Expert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 15, 2004
SC has started phoning subs who are using a HDD20X decoder to inform them of the upcoming switch to 8PSK which will make this decoder obsolete for SC use.

The offer is a DSR505 for $99 cdn. HDD20X subs with a broker would be advised to contact their broker with instructions of what to do when the broker is contacted by SC.

How about DSR500 ?

($99 seems high since, with a new address, you could get a DSR505 for less as a new customer; then add your other existing receivers to the new account.)

Last edited:
Are they asking these subs to return 4XX receiver and/or HDD20X decoder?

If you get to keep the decoder, this is a good deal as one can use it for 4DTV HD or sell it to a 4DTV sub.

DSR 500 will become obsolete as well as it does not have an 8SPK tuner. I'd imagine those people will be called as well.. I'm kind of wondering what the upgrade to a 530 would cost.

Are they asking these subs to return 4XX receiver and/or HDD20X decoder?

If you get to keep the decoder, this is a good deal as one can use it for 4DTV HD or sell it to a 4DTV sub.

No you get to keep the equipment.

4xx/20X subs can actually make a profit on this deal by selling the decoder. It's the DSR500 subs who get the screws.

My point about it being cheaper for new subs was:

* existing customer, who's perfecting good equipment is being obsoleted, gets worse deal than new guy

* existing customer is better to "cancel" and become "new" with new address (I have several friends I can use for CND address)

Back to orginal question, as a DSR500 owner, any ideas on what they are offering?

I have not figured out what to do to get a swap anyway due to difficulty in shipping to US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)