Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi All,

Just curious, If I only have my 4dtv box (922) Is there any 'quick' way to scan a satellite's o/v channels for content...other than wearing out my channel up/down button?

If not.... does a dvb box's "blind scan" feature report non-dvb shows?

JerryK said:
Hi All,

Just curious, If I only have my 4dtv box (922) Is there any 'quick' way to scan a satellite's o/v channels for content...other than wearing out my channel up/down button?

If not.... does a dvb box's "blind scan" feature report non-dvb shows?

you're working with 2 different things here
4DTV will pick up the DCII channels

The DVB box will get DVB channels but no others.

I've been poking around on some of the o/v satellites scanning up/down with my channel button on the remote...and my thumb is getting sore.

I was just wondering if there was some magical way to filter out the static and only scan through the channels with an active feed.

...I'm thinking not. :no

You could get a spectrum analyzer to see what transponders are in use, but they are expensive.
Are you looking just to see whats up there or are you looking for something specific, like a sporting event or a news backhaul? Events and backhauls tend to always been on the same transponders.

This is mostly a fruitless attempt to find MLB (Tigers) baseball games. :) I'm thinking FoxSportsNet, which seems to own MLB, must do their backhauls via dixie cups and twine underground.

...and the backhaul websites I've found (I think I'm on the best ones) tend to not report sports.

With the 4dtv on the analog you will find many wild feeds and the only way to find them is to hunt, some web sites have a few listed, on the digital side Motorola maps the channels into the system and so most of them should be in the IPG.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)