Scanning Intelsat 9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ramthebuffs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 4, 2007
I'm just getting into this fta stuff. For some reason I can't get any results from a blindscan of 58.0W. It has a very strong signal, and if I do the quick scan I can pick up the usual cuba channel etc. But if I blindscan it doesn't even pick up any of the usual suspects. Is there some trick to this? I'm using a mercury II universal lnb. My strength readings for the channels is 80/65.

Most of the transponders on PAS9 (I9) are data. There are a few test channels. Best thing to do is scan ALL instead of FTA

I had another look and it was set to start scanning @ 11700, which I think is too high looking @ the lyngsat chart. Also, it says step 6, would shortening the steps help any? I'm sure it would increase the time.

I have had a couple of rec that worked better that way, scan in increments of 5 or less, 3 is better but does take longer. VS Ultra I have does a great job but sometimes there are channels it just plain skips, 5 is the lowest 'step' you can pick on
it. My old coship rec started at 3, slooooow but it is very thorough, doesnt miss much on blind scans.

There is nothing on I9 ku above 11700 except Sky Mexico. If you are in Florida, California or near the Mexican border, you might be able to receive them. But all channels are encrypted except for some preview channels.

You should be able to get Cubavisión Internacional... I get it with the Traxis 3500.

I'm just getting into this fta stuff. For some reason I can't get any results from a blindscan of 58.0W. It has a very strong signal, and if I do the quick scan I can pick up the usual cuba channel etc. But if I blindscan it doesn't even pick up any of the usual suspects. Is there some trick to this? I'm using a mercury II universal lnb. My strength readings for the channels is 80/65.

Ramthebuffs: Scanning below 11700 is dependent on your lnb. What kind of lnb are you using, is there anything marked on it regarding the frequency range it can handle?

If I try to force my Coolsat to scan below the range of the lnb in use it will try but just skips through the out of range stuff quite quickly since there is nothing to see. Swap out the lnb for a universal and then the low band signals come in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)