Scanning tv for new channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

beas0536

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Tn
Newbie question, is it possible to move your antenna for additional channels and not lose the ones you have when you rescan the tv . I can receive a strong Nbc channel 35 miles from Nashville but need to rotate the antennae to try to find the other network stations. When I move and rescan I lose the couple channels I have. This is more of a tv programming question and probably a stupid one.

It works both ways depending on what you are using as an ATSC tuner. Some will keep original scan and add new channels, look for a menu option like "scan for new channel".
As an additional tip post your www.tvfool.com report or at least your zipcode we may be able to give additional suggestions to get better reception.

All my TVs have the same 2 option: AutoScan which will wipe and rescan and ADD NEW CHANELS which keeps the existing ones while scanning for new ones.

Newbie question, is it possible to move your antenna for additional channels and not lose the ones you have when you rescan the tv . I can receive a strong Nbc channel 35 miles from Nashville but need to rotate the antennae to try to find the other network stations. When I move and rescan I lose the couple channels I have. This is more of a tv programming question and probably a stupid one.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=d243407ab7b688
Hope this is enough. Thanks

What make and model TV do you have? My Sanyo lcd has an option 'scan for additional channels' my Panasonic plasma doesn't, it all depends on your particular TV.

Your TV FOOL report shows that you don't need to move your TV antenna. You do need a full VHF/UHF antenna and probably will need a pre amplifier. All of your broadcasters are in the same direction over about a 20* span 30-42 miles away

Your TV FOOL report shows that you don't need to move your TV antenna. You do need a full VHF/UHF antenna and probably will need a pre amplifier. All of your broadcasters are in the same direction over about a 20* span 30-42 miles away

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts