shankle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
florida
I move my dish from one end to the other about once
every two weeks. My usual procedure is to delete everything
I did last time and rescan the bird. I feel that so many changes
are taking place that this is necessary.
Am I wrong???
Stats: Pansat 250sm, 10ft antique, from 131W to 58 W,
Uniden pusher

I would keep the existing channels in there and rescan. MOst receivers put new channels at the end of the list so you'd be able to see which channels were added

I only do a full delete of channels when I scan for updates to thelist

It would be nice if the receivers would somehow identify previously found channels that DIDN'T scan in. Would just make life easier, (I'm l a z y) blind scanning quicker, instead of having to scroll through them all.

It would be nice if the receivers would somehow identify previously found channels that DIDN'T scan in. Would just make life easier, (I'm l a z y) blind scanning quicker, instead of having to scroll through them all.

When i do a rescan on my AZBox ultra its shows the total tps scanned and number of new ones found.The scan is slower than my solomend but i think it picks up some tps that the solomend misses.I agree with others above! No need to remove tps before a rescan unless its a first time scan.

I had to do a factory reset this week even with all the deleting I did. Wouldn't leaving the previous stuff in there
tend to overload the 250sm??? Asking.
Thanks for the replies.

It might. I usually get into erratic operation when this is encountered. Channels will scan in, but not save, blind scan locks up, etc. I make a list of the fta channels on a sat, and the TP they are on. I then delete all the TP's scanned in that are not associated with an active FTA channel. I will leave in a strong, non FTA TP on sats that don't have a 24/7 FTA channel so I can find the sat to do a blind scan for feeds. I completely reprogrammed my 9200 for two reasons, 1- over 1400 saved channels, most being itinerant feeds. 2 blind scan became as described above. After the reprogram, around 500 ch. And far fewer lock-ups during just regular viewing, and subsequent blind scans.

Status
Please reply by conversation.