scheduled install this morning

danielle_s

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Dodge City, Ks
So far my installer has 50 minutes left on morning install schedule window. I sure hope he at least calls. It's sprinkling right now, but he had from 8 to 10 to get here and get me installed before the rain started coming in.

So far: no call no show.

In order to save posts, I'll edit this one if/when he shows or doesn't show up.

Danielle

he should have at least called you if he is running late. did he give you a confirmation call last nite?? he should have!!

DRAGON

ps , good luck, i mean that!

danielle_s said:
So far my installer has 50 minutes left on morning install schedule window. I sure hope he at least calls. It's sprinkling right now, but he had from 8 to 10 to get here and get me installed before the rain started coming in.

So far: no call no show.

In order to save posts, I'll edit this one if/when he shows or doesn't show up.

Danielle

call him

VOOM said that they didn't have a number to give me. I called VOOM at about 11:30 last night and they said that I'm still scheduled for this morning.

He didn't call last night either, and VOOM said that they don't always call the night before but that he'll call before he comes over.

danielle_s said:
VOOM said that they didn't have a number to give me. I called VOOM at about 11:30 last night and they said that I'm still scheduled for this morning.

He didn't call last night either, and VOOM said that they don't always call the night before but that he'll call before he comes over.

call installs inc. Find the company and call them. Normally you are sent an email with the install companies name and phone number.

I'm on hold with voom now

They are in the process of getting me an eta

Talked to David in the installs department, and they were unable to get ahold of the install. A message was left with the installer on his cell phone to call me asap.

So we'll see...
Oh and I didn't give them an email address since the account is not under my name.

I seriously doubt having an email addy in the account makes a difference.

EDIT: The installer just called and said that they'll be out this afternoon. Didn't give me a time, just this afternoon. Can you imagine I placed my order on March 1st and I was #3 on his list. Boy they sure do fill up fast don't they?

Now we continue to wait.

danielle_s said:

It does. I remember ordering one day, setting up the email address on the account the next day(the CSR typed it in wrong over the phone but I had my acct number) and having an email detailing the install that night.

Don't wait too long

danielle_s said:

Talked to David in the installs department, and they were unable to get ahold of the install. A message was left with the installer on his cell phone to call me asap.

So we'll see...
Oh and I didn't give them an email address since the account is not under my name.

EDIT: The installer just called and said that they'll be out this afternoon. Didn't give me a time, just this afternoon. Can you imagine I placed my order on March 1st and I was #3 on his list. Boy they sure do fill up fast don't they?

Now we continue to wait.

Don't wait too long for this guy to show up. Make sure you at least call the install co. before they close. If the tech does not show up or call by 4:30, call the install co. and track him down, otherwise it will be tomorrow before you know what is going on. This happens a lot: customer waits until after 5:00 to call voom, voom calls installs inc, installs inc. calls install co. and gets voice mail, tech doesn't answer cell phone, email left with install co. and someone will call you back in the morning to reschedule. Good luck. :)

Did he ever show up? You would think that over 200 pro-VOOM posts before you even had it installed would have gotten you better service than a late or no-show installer. I hope this doesn't dampen your spirit even though the $1.00 install now cost you at least an extra half day off of work.

she surely got installed by now with any luck or she would be here by now letting use know she must be glued to the tv enjoying her VOOM

t

TYORK said:
she surely got installed by now with any luck or she would be here by now letting use know she must be glued to the tv enjoying her VOOM

t

t,
i really hope he showed up, and did a good job

or she went and found his sorry ass and busted a cap in him

he should have called last nite and if he was running late , today.

of course maybe she saw voom and busted a cap in the tv, then him and then her, hell i would having to watch that ""glaciers melting in hd"" ha ha

dragon

TYORK said:

t

Must not have been that lazy "I don't care, I'm taking the money" installer we hear some much about. :)

Jamey K said:
Must not have been that lazy "I don't care, I'm taking the money" installer we hear some much about. :)

that what i am hopeing for anyway she has not reported back in awhile so i am hopeing that she is just enjoying her voom

t

T, I sure hope you're right!! From what I've seen of Danielle, I think she would have been back on with an update...if she wasn't just too totally engaged in the "WOW Factor"!

But let us know Danielle, as soon as you can!!! Vicki :)

Jamey K said:

yeah, but at least he would have called the evening prior, and would have shown up and installed it, and it would work

DRAGON

Dragon could save a lot of money by dropping his Internet service and selling his computer. Or get a new job. Or both.

Don't keep us in suspense, danille! What happened?

danielle_s said:

So we'll see...

Now we continue to wait.

Enjoying HDTV with fingers crossed for danille under partly sunny Seattle skies, Gill

Wow - 275 posts before she even had VOOM and now nothing... that's weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)