Schematics for Wally to Tripod and Trav'ler?

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
I am still undecided on getting a Wally or take the Hopper 3 out of the house for the motorhome. One thing I have not found is a schematic for the Wally to see how many cables is needed and what type of LNB is used. I only have one cable for the tripod setup and only one for the Trav'ler through the roof. I have found numerous different schematics for the Hopper 3, but none for the Wally. If I get the Wally I will be getting an external hard drive plus the dual OTA adapter for recording. There will only be one receiver used in the motorhome. I have a HDMI splitter setup that sends the signals to all three of my TV's.

You'll only need one coax from the DPP LNB to the Wally from the tripod dish, and one from the Trav'ler controller to the Wally. For ease of switching, you could use a good quality A/B switch do change between the two dishes. If you take the Hopper with you, you'll need a DPH42 switch for each dish to retain the single cable feed to the receiver. The DPH 42 connects to all three LNB output ports.

You'll only need one coax from the DPP LNB to the Wally from the tripod dish, and one from the Trav'ler controller to the Wally. For ease of switching, you could use a good quality A/B switch do change between the two dishes. If you take the Hopper with you, you'll need a DPH42 switch for each dish to retain the single cable feed to the receiver. The DPH 42 connects to all three LNB output ports.

Thanks again. Due to the need of a DPH42 switch I think the Wally would be best for the motorhome. This setup would be very similar to what I were using with Directv. I don't like the idea of having the DPH42 on the roof.

Reactions: NYDutch
Thanks again. Due to the need of a DPH42 switch I think the Wally would be best for the motorhome. This setup would be very similar to what I were using with Directv. I don't like the idea of having the DPH42 on the roof.

The DPH42 is weatherproof and ok for external mounting, but the Wally would be a simpler installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)